Join our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
If you're looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity, please continue reading.
As a Splunk Sales Engineer, you’ll be the primary technical sales resource for our Enterprise Account Manager in Melbourne. You will be the domain expert for our team serving our customers, partners and prospects.
Splunk SEs answer technical questions from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
• Demonstrating Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
• Leading or participating in discovery calls/conversations with prospects (autonomously or in collaboration with your sales counterpart) to discover and/or validate opportunities.
• Establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales cycle
• Travelling to visit prospects and customers/partners, and to engage in onsite customer work in the form of ‘Proof of Value/Concept’ when required.
• Answering complex technical questions plus addressing customer concerns to a successful outcome.
• Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals.
• Understand how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
• Ability to participate in account planning and planning meetings to identify new and follow up solution, services and education opportunities.
• Ability to support development and articulate business value/ROI case studies.
• Establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, not limited to our customer's technical staff.
• Ability to be organized and analytical, and should be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
• You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
• Work closely with the presales team and presales management to develop and continually improve working practices, best practices, presales processes
• Experience working with complex application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data, such as performance logs, application logs, audit logs, security data
sources, network centric data, etc
• Experience and hands-on skills with operating systems like UNIX, Linux or Windows.
• Experience and hands-on skills with scripting languages such as Python and Perl, as well as with regular expression (RegEx) pattern matching would be an advantage
• Prior experience with search engine technologies and query languages would be an advantage.
• 5+ years of Presales experience working for Enterprise Vendor would be an advantage.
• Strong knowledge of the sales process and sales methodologies would be an advantage
Splunkers are encouraged and empowered to be Innovative, Passionate, Disruptive, Open and Fun.
From San Francisco to Shanghai, Splunkers work in 25+ offices across the globe.
Intern with people you want to hang out with, even outside the office.
Hear from Splunkers on the latest.
Culture of Inclusion: Splunkers Share Their Stories
Follow Splunk on LinkedIn for job announcements, company news, and more.