Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you love being the technical arm for "Sales Reps" and love crafting demos and Proof of Concept (PoC)? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk. In this role, you will be a high-calibre Sales Engineer and you aid customers in technical sales engineering capacities. You will also help evangelize our groundbreaking technology.
- Build and deliver excellent presentations; business focussed and technical presentations.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on-site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Respond to the functional and technical elements of tender documents, such as RFIs/RFPs.
- Deliver and lead PoC engagements to a successful outcome.
- Answer complex technical questions plus address customer concerns.
- Develop relevant pre-sales material, e.g. business cases/ROI, competitive insight documents, etc to persuade clients of the outstanding value, benefits and capabilities of Splunk’s solutions.
- Work closely with the presales team and presales management to develop and continually improve working practices, best practices, presales processes, e.g. POC planning, etc.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Big Data (from a data management perspective),
- Application Performance Management,
- Business Intelligence/Web Analytics,
- Operational Intelligence.
- A knowledgeable understanding of the financial services, government, telecommunications and/or retails markets, with a consistent track record of selling into Enterprise organisations.
- Needs to understand the business challenges/drivers, technology and market challenges of these types of organisations.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals. Understand the client’s buying process.
- Understands how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to participate in account planning and planning meetings to identify new and follow-up solution, services and education opportunities.
- Ability to develop and articulate business value/return on investment case studies.
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working with complex application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data, such as performance logs, application logs, audit logs, security data sources, network-centric data, etc.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge in the area of Log Management and analysis would also be beneficial.
- Experience and strong hands-on skills with Linux and Windows operating systems.
Essential Education, Experience and Additional Skills
- Extensive Presales experience working for Enterprise Software Vendor
- A University degree or similar (preferably in computer science, software engineering or a similar field)
- Proactive and able to manage activities in a self-sufficient manner.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Strong knowledge of the sales process.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Ability to be organised and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic, technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems.
- Excellent team skills.
- Winning attitude.
- Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.