- Write and deliver excellent presentations; both business focussed and technical presentations.
- Demonstrate Splunk solutions to prospects, both onsite and remotely (via Webinars).
- Attend and demonstrate Splunk solutions at field events, such as conferences and trade shows.
- Respond to the functional and technical elements of tender documents, such as RFIs/RFPs.
- Deliver and manage Proof of Concept (PoC) engagements to a success outcome.
- Answer complex technical and competitive questions plus address customer concerns to a successful outcome.
- Develop relevant presales material, e.g. business cases/ROI, competitive insight documents, etc to persuade clients of the superior value, benefits and
capabilities of Splunk’s solutions.
Work closely with the presales team and presales management to develop and continually improve working practices, best practices, presales processes, e.g. POC planning, etc.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Domain knowledge and experience in any of the following areas:
- Big Data (from a data management perspective),
- Application Performance Management,
- Business Intelligence/Web Analytics,
- Operational Intelligence.
- A knowledgeable understanding of the financial services, insurance, telecommunications and/or retails markets, with a proven track record of selling into Enterprise organisations.
- Needs to understand the business challenges/drivers, technology and market challenges of these types of organisations.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals. Understand the client’s buying process.
- Understands how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to participate in account planning and planning meetings to identify new and follow up solution, services and education opportunities.
- Ability to develop and articulate business value/ROI case studies.
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working with complex application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data, such as performance logs, application logs, audit logs, security data sources, network centric data, etc.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge in the area of Log Management and analysis would also be beneficial.
- Experience and strong hands-on skills with UNIX (HP-UX, Solaris, AIX), Linux and Windows operating systems.
Essential Education, Experience and Additional Skills
- 5+ years of Presales experience working for Enterprise Software Vendor.
- A University degree or similar (preferably in computer science, software engineering or a similar field
- Proactive and able to be manage activities in a self-sufficient manner.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Strong knowledge of the sales process.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Ability to be organised and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic, technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems.
- Excellent team skills.
- Winning attitude.
- Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business