Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We are committed to our work, our customers, to having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is a dynamic, fast-paced and high-growth company, and we are looking for an ambitious and experienced Sales Compensation System and Reporting Manager to help support the business, Sales Compensation and Sales Operation teams. This is an exciting opportunity who has Xactly expertise to work with a leading public big-data analytics software company. This role will lead the global commissions system changes, own all aspect of system testing and work with the various functional team on reporting requirement. Splunk is looking for highly motivated individual with high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities and a positive attitude. The ideal employee should have the skills to work independently as well as in a team setting and demonstrate strong organizational skills along with the aptitude to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet critical deadlines and thrive in a highly driven environment. You will collaborate with various functions across the organization domestically and internationally to ensure efficient and timely operations of the Sales Compensation function. This position will report to the Director of Accounting Operations and will be based in our San Jose location.
- Responsible for ownership of the Xactly system. Responsible for understanding and providing guidance on Xactly new releases and implement Xactly enhancements for scalability
- Lead monthly administration system tasks as it relates to the Sales Compensation processing and issues resolution
- Create and implement robust Sales Comp Reporting and Analytics as a tool to assist Sales Leadership in managing the business and making data-driven decisions
- Responsible for leading, mentoring and managing others as the business needs change
- Collaborate with Xactly professional services on Xactly system and be able to troubleshoot issues as it arises in a timely manner to not impact the business process and timeline
- Support and work with the Sales Compensation Operation and Sales Ops team on the full cycle of the sales compensation process on changes and updates throughout the year
- Program-manage the implementation of our sales comp system, ensuring accuracy in the crediting engine and creating the commission statements and associated sales productivity reporting from the ground-up
- Continually evaluate our Xactly business processes with an eye toward scalability, streamline, automation, efficiency gains, data accuracy and business process controls
- Provide world-class customer service to the Sales organization and internal customers
- Responsible for and reconcile large data sets
- Lead the commission system configuration year over year changes and UAT testing which includes creation of test script and execution. Responsible includes but not limit to setting up Xactly on the backend; setting up rules and formulas to help with User Acceptance Testing
- Work closely with BSA and Xactly support to address system issues.
- Partner with FPA on commission forecasting process
- Work with both Sales Compensation and Sales Ops team to define, create, modify, and execute accurate reporting using Xactly Analytics, Xactly Connect, Tableau and Snowflake or similar data visualization tool.
- Lead technical Sales Compensation sprints and projects
- Promote a culture of learning and development as it relates to the Sales Compensation System.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Technology System Administrator or related field of study
- 10+ years System Administrator or Sales Compensation or equivalent Finance experience
- 5+ years managing or leading teams required
- Demonstrated experience with Xactly commission software or equivalent is needed
- Must have previous work experience and solid understanding of sales compensation process and analysis
- Demonstrated experience with processing new hires, terminations, transfers and retractive changes in the Xactly system or equivalent
- Advance Excel experience, including V-Look Ups is required
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time leadership skills is needed
- Possess the ability to work closely and cross functionally with all teams
- Must have knowledge of Xactly Connect functionality and Xactly Analytic reporting module.
- Possess the ability to juggle multiple priorities while focusing on continuous improvements
- Solid experience working with systems, process improvements and automation.
- Demonstrated experience with a high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment
- employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Highly motivated with tolerance for tight deadlines and time pressures
- Excellent written and verbal interactive skills, including the ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers, cross-functional teams and business partners
- Must have a customer service attitude with a readiness to take on challenges in a rapidly-growing dynamic environment
- Ability to collaborate and prioritize and be highly organized
- Perform tasks independently and complete projects with minimal direction
- Be a critical thinker and able to implement scalable processes
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for