Sales Compensation Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We are committed to our work, our customers, to having fun, and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is a dynamic, fast-paced, and high-growth company. We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Sales Compensation Manager to help support the business and partner with the Sales Compensation and Sales Operation leadership. Exciting opportunity for an individual who has Xactly expertise to work with a leading public big-data analytics software company. This role will own the delivery of clean data to the team responsible for sales commission payout by leveraging your audit, management, oversight, policy, and data compliance/accuracy skills. As a Sales Compensation Manager, you will be subject matter expert to facilitate the sales team usage of the Xactly system. Splunk is looking for a highly motivated individual with great attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and a positive attitude. The ideal contender should have the skills to work independently and, in a team, setting and demonstrate strong organizational skills and the aptitude to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet critical deadlines and thrive in a highly driven environment. You will collaborate with various functions across the organization domestically and internationally to ensure efficient and timely operations of the Sales Compensation function. This position will report to the Director of Accounting Operations.
- Partnering with the Sales Ops and Sales Compensation leadership to ensure data input accuracy.
- Manage a team that will answer global commission questions and responds to issues concerning sales incentive plan payments.
- Support the ongoing review, evaluation, and modeling of new or updated data/inputs that define the sales compensation metrics.
- Manage the periodic training on the Xactly system mechanics and usage such as plans, policy, statement compensation, document acceptances of plans, and quarterly sales certs to the sales team.
- Direct partnership with the Data Teams and Internal Audit teams to ensure accuracy and SOX compliance relating to Salesforce.com (SFDC) bookings data.
- Manage the monthly audit of booking data to ensure accuracy of the data integration into Xactly and work directly with the BizApp teams to address any data integration issues.
- Ensure compliance with SOX for our compensation documents, processes, and programs.
- Ensure consistency in data and opportunity information in SDFC and Snowflake across all sales theaters.
- Work cross functionally with the Sales Compensation and Sales Ops team on the full cycle sales compensation process related to modifications and updates throughout the year.
- Continually evaluate our Sales Compensation business processes with an eye toward scalability, streamlining, automation, efficiency gains, data accuracy, and business process controls.
- Provide world-class customer service to the Sales organization as well as other internal customers.
- Assist with the implementation of our annual sales compensation plan which includes the management and reconciliation of large data sets as well as assisting with UAT testing as needed
- Promote a culture of learning and development.
- Manage a team of one to two analysts and a backup for the Sales Compensation Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or related field of study
- 10+ years Sales Compensation or equivalent Finance experience.
- Must have demonstrable experience with Xactly, Callidus, or other commission software
- Must have previous work experience and working knowledge of sales compensation process and analysis
- Strong people orientation with excellent interpersonal skills needed to support the dynamic sales team
- Ability to synthesize information into measurable insights and have advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to interpret and analyze data
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Ability to work closely with teams cross-functionally
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities while focusing on continuous improvements
- Experience working with systems, process improvements, and automation.
- Able to handle the high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy and tolerance for tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Excellent written and verbal interactive skills, including the ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers, cross-functional teams, and business partners.
- Customer service attitude with a readiness to take on challenges in a rapidly-growing dynamic environment.
- Able to collaborate, ability to prioritize, and organize work effectively
- Perform tasks independently and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization skills and can follow through to completion.
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.