Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an immediate impact? Do you want to help change the world? We are looking for a gifted communicator that is able to build consensus and motivate sales teams and customers to succeed. You will have an innate ability to influence and provide strategic guidance to the field leadership as well as various other business units within Splunk (finance, legal etc.). Lastly you are a confident enterprising person that exhibits tact and patience and brings added value to the team.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Managed contract negotiation, revenue recognition, closing, executive presentations, financial modeling, return on investment, and value selling
- Influence a global sales team [leaders and individual contributors] on best practices such as contract structure, pricing, negotiation, and overall sales best practices while working closely with legal, and finance
- Drive significant value for the sales force and act as a Subject Matter Expert for corporate support organizations such as product management, legal and finance
- Leverage creativity and determination to drive complex opportunities and increase overall sales productivity
- Provide strategic guidance and influence to the field leadership team while driving adherence to established ethical, business, legal and financial principles
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with the largest most complex organizations while protecting the business globally
- Be a good corporate citizen two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management, legal & finance
- Travel 60% to 80% throughout the Asia, but mainly within Singapore, North AP and Japan, occasionally to USA.
Requirements: I¹ve already done that or have that!
- 3 + years experience as a Best Practices Manager and influencing an enterprise global sales team (leaders and individual contributors) on contract negotiations, best practices and value selling
- 5+ years¹ experience building and running front line sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large enterprises
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of negotiating six and seven figure software licensing transactions‹going on sales calls w/sales reps, running calls.
- Experience selling enterprise software
- Strong executive presence and polish with the ability to negotiate at the executive level
- Ability to build business cases
- Strong champion building experience
- Ability to coach and develop peers and superiors alike
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor¹s Degree in an analytical field(e.g. Business, Mathematics, or Statistics).
- MBA/ graduate degree preferred but not required