Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! CLICK HERE
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a visionary Enterprise Software Sales representative to focus on Los Angeles County and the City of Los Angeles. You will have validated sales experience in this vertical with a terrific reputation for overachieving quota while focusing on the customer. S/he should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
We seek someone that possesses a strong public sector sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT leaders. The Enterprise Sales Representative will be an especially strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment and embraces all aspects of selling. S/he should be able to work in dynamic, dynamic environment and have very strong communication skills.
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
You will identify, qualify and close new opportunities in our fast-growing market. You will be a direct contributor aligned with an engineer and an inside sales representative. All transactions are fulfilled through the channel by authorized partners, as such your ability to work with and leverage channel and alliance partners is important.
· Excellent listening skills and problem-solving ability are essential.
· Your ability to succeed in this role will require strong drive, as well as the application of advanced technical/business skills.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
· Minimum 10+ years of sales experience
· 3+ years of direct enterprise software sales experience
· 2+ years of selling to the City of Los Angeles and Los Angeles County.
· Proven track record of sales performance and knowledge of Public Sector
· Experience and credibility selling at the CxO and senior sales business manager level
· Ability to maintain SFDC and accurately forecast
· Ability to work independently, while leveraging extended resources
· High intellect and the capacity to multi task
· Excellent qualifying and closing skills
· Business development, prospecting skills and ability to build strong partner relationships
Education: Got it!
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunkers are encouraged and empowered to be Innovative, Passionate, Disruptive, Open and Fun.
From great benefits to a diverse and inclusive workplace — that's the Splunk experience.
Intern with people you want to hang out with, even outside the office.
Hear from Splunkers on the latest.
Culture of Inclusion: Splunkers Share Their Stories
Follow Splunk on LinkedIn for job announcements, company news, and more.