Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Renewal Sales Representative, you will be responsible for managing & selling Term and Cloud license renewals of Splunk's industry-leading software, working in close cooperation with Sales and Success Management teams to improve retention, minimize churn risk, and drive growth. You will have a consistent track record of success renewing Term Licences and/or Cloud Subscriptions, with growth, and in building beneficial, positive relationships with customers, the broader account management team, and channel partners.
This position carries a sales quota. The position can be based in our Reading or London offices as part of our EMEA Renewals team.
Responsibilities: "I want to and can do that"!
- Manage a sales territory carrying an individual renewal rate target in contract renewal and growth.
- Meet/exceed assigned renewal rate and retention targets
- Working on a rolling 4 quarter cycle, engaging with the broader account team, partners and customer health data to identify renewal risk, and partner on remedial actions aimed at securing an on-time renewal
- Identify expansion opportunities to generate additional revenue (upsell/cross-sell), driving those opportunities to closure and/or ensuring that the appropriate account management resources are engaged to maximize the opportunity
- Maintain accurate account, license, service contract, asset and entitlement records within salesforce.com and ongoing customer interaction through gainsight
- Manage renewals from opportunity to invoice, understanding pricing and contractual obligations
- Predictable Forecasting - Demonstrated success in predictably and consistently delivering monthly and quarterly forecast through strong opportunity management.
- Pro-actively identifying issues that may impact a renewal, and engaging all available resources to resolve
- Track non-renewal, pending, and lost renewals including reasons for cancelation
- Support evolving operational processes aimed at improving renewal efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy and insight generated from renewals performance.
Requirements: "I’ve already done that or have that"!
- Sales or Renewals experience with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and data /analytics across a diverse customer base with a demonstrated ability to meet or exceed a sales target for retention and/or growth
- Ability to create and communicate business value through data, networking, app dev, and analytics technology
- C-level poised, confident executive presence and polish, and excellent listening skills.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure adoption and lifetime value by aligning solutions to high priority customer initiatives, adoption, value realization, and ultimately high customer satisfaction
- Expertise in team selling with sales, customer success, pre-sales, partners, and services.
- Experience in a sales function that includes both direct customer interaction and working within a channel sales model
- Works jointly with Customer Success Team to accurately score the health of customers and to Identify and Mitigate renewal risk up to a year ahead of renewal date.
- Manage accounts by building and developing client relationships through personalised contact, understanding of client’s needs, probing for expanded opportunity and use cases and ability to communicate solution values of products & services
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, take initiative and work proactively with minimal supervision
- Has a team mentality. Willing to grow and help other RSR teammates grow by offering and accepting wisdom and help when needed.
- Have a strong product understanding, system knowledge and processes to manage a pipeline of opportunity.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.