Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Renewal Operations Business Analyst
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an experienced Business Analyst with a ton of SaaS domain experience in the area of Customer Success and Retention? Do you have a strong Operational Mindset, able to approach work in a structured and methodical way, and collaborate cross functionally to drive outcomes? Are you a strategic thinker, adept at turning strategy into deliverables? If so, we have the ideal role for you: As a member of the Customer Success - Recurring Revenue Business Intelligence and Operations team at Splunk, you will help design, implement, and manage enterprise-wide Retention-focused processes and programs. In this role you will provide subject matter expertise in business analysis, process design, and project management activities. Initial priorities will include leading the implementation of renewals management, auto-renewals predictive forecasting analytics capability to ensure the success of our global renewals teams. And from there, helping build-out a portfolio of programs aimed at increasing the effectiveness and productivity of Customer Success and Renewals Professionals as Splunk continues to grow.
The BA works collaboratively and independently to provide project management and business analyst support for continuous improvements in our growing renewals practice to enhance our customer’s experience, sales performance, and productivity while managing costs.
- Understand the company’s customer success organization ( Support, CSM, Renewals, Professional Services, Education) - operating model and commercial objectives and how they translate into efficient and standardized business processes
- Use expertise in industry standard methodologies, policies, procedures, and methodologies to establish process excellence and ensure transformation objectives are met
- Analyze existing “as is" process using different techniques and methods, including documentation of the existing flow
- Provide expertise on “to be" process and work with subject matter authorities to obtain agreement
- Provide expertise on project coordination, timelines, & resourcing
- Bring together requirements and use cases from subject matter authorities using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Establish direct communication cadence with IT to define and implement system solutions
- Create a formal network and acts as the liaison between business partners, users, and technical teams
- Leads the overall drafting of the business requirements / use cases, test scripts / acceptance criteria, and training materials for various transformation initiatives
- Collaborates with the business to ensure business readiness and transfer knowledge for any new process / system
- Assist with enterprise-wide program implementation including coordination of tasks, milestones, and deadlines.
- 5+ years of Business Process Improvement and Project management experience.
- Hands-on experience with CRM and Customer Success tools. Familiarity with Gainsight and Salesforce/Salesforce CPQ highly preferred.
- Strong background in establishing current state process models and providing process improvement / redesign
- Validated experience in a high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Strong organizational and business analysis skills
- Familiar with/ able to drive the Agile development and release methodologies, especially for automation of business processes, improvements/ redesigns
- Broad expertise in one or more of the following areas (Go to Market (GTM), Technical Support, Customer Service, Customer Success, Renewals Process & Operations)
- Ability to work across cross-functional groups and ensure ability to influence and execute across groups
- A passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productivity
- Consulting or Six Sigma experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree/foreign equivalent in a related discipline or meaningful relevant on the job experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.