Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
The Renewal Sales Representative is responsible for handling & selling Perpetual, Term and Cloud license renewals of Splunk's industry-leading software, working in close partnership with Sales and Success Management teams to maximize retention, minimize churn risk, and drive growth on the Renewal event.
You will have a consistent track record of success renewing Perpetual, Term and/or Cloud Licenses/ Software Subscriptions, with growth, and in building beneficial, positive relationships with customers, the account management team, and channel partners.
You will strategically engage with customers and/or partners to align their goals with Splunk solutions. Lead and ensure account retention through adoption and driving on-time renewal. Own, drive and run the renewal process identifying customer requirements, uncovering roadblocks, probing for upsell and expansion opportunity, and demonstrating strong account management capabilities. Working with partners and customers to negotiate the renewal including pricing and service-term.
Responsibilities: "I want to and can do that"!
- Working as part of the APAC Renewal Sales team, manage a sales territory carrying an individual quota in contract renewal and growth.
- Meet/exceed assigned revenue goals and on-time renewal rate targets
- Working several quarters ahead of renewal dates to ensure customer ‘Renewal Readiness’, engaging with the broader account team, partners and customer health data to identify renewal risk, and partner on remedial actions aimed at securing an on-time renewal, with growth potential.
- Identify expansion opportunities to generate additional revenue (upsell/cross-sell), driving those opportunities to closure and/or ensuring that the appropriate account management resources are engaged to maximize the opportunity
- Prepare and provide customers renewal quotes within 90 days of support expiration
- Maintain accurate account, license, service contract, asset and maintenance entitlement records within salesforce.com
- Manage renewals from opportunity to invoice, understanding pricing and contractual obligations
- Prepare weekly forecasts of renewal bookings and renewal rates within a tight band of accuracy
- Pro-actively identifying issues that may impact a renewal, and engaging all available resources to resolve
- Assist Sales and Finance teams with customer and account research & customer audits for renewal
- Resolve order issues with Customer Service and Order Management
- Track non-renewal, pending, and lost renewals including reasons for cancellation
- Support evolving operational processes aimed at improving renewal efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy and insight generated from renewals performance.
Requirements: "I’ve already done that or have that"!
- You possess experience in selling, demand generation, or renewing enterprise software in a diverse customer base with a demonstrated ability to meet or exceed a sales quota for retention and/or growth
- Experience in a sales function that includes both direct customer interaction and working within a channel sales model
- Manage accounts by building and developing client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, probing for expanded opportunity and use cases and ability to communicate solution values of products & services
- The ability to sell value at all levels over the phone
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, take initiative and work proactively with minimal supervision
- Have a strong product understanding, system knowledge and processes to manage a pipeline of opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in technical sales/renewals
- Fluent in English plus any Asian language is an advantage
- Strong attention to detail
- Logical and analytical thinker
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and track multiple issues
- Excellent customer service skills with an orientation towards helping customers
- Strong desire and willingness to learn
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.