The Renewal Sales Representative - will be responsible for initially managing & selling the Maintenance & Support renewals, and subsequently the Term and Cloud licence renewals of Splunk's award winning software.
The ideal candidate will have a consistent track record of success renewing Term and/or Cloud Licences and in building beneficial, positive relationships with customers and channel partners.
Strategically engaging with customers and/or partners to align their goals with Splunk solutions. Manage and ensure account retention through increased adoption and driving on-time renewal.
Own, drive and manage the renewal process identifying customer requirements, uncovering roadblocks, and demonstrating strong account management capabilities. Working with partners and customers to negotiate the renewal including pricing and service-term.
This position carries a sales quota. The position can be based in our London (Paddington) or Reading (Central)offices as part of our EMEA Renewals team.
Responsibilities: "I want to and can do that"!
- Working as part of the EMEA Renewal Sales team, manage a sales territory carrying an individual quota in contract renewal
- Prepare weekly forecasts of renewal bookings within a 10% accuracy rate
- Meet/exceed assigned revenue goals and on-time renewal rate targets
- Identify expansion opportunities to generate additional revenue (upsell/cross-sell) ensuring that the appropriate account management resources are engaged to maximize the opportunity
- Prepare and provide customers renewal quotes within 90 days of support expiration
- Maintain accurate account, licence, service contract, asset and maintenance entitlement records within salesforce.com
- Manage renewals from opportunity to invoice, understanding pricing and contractual obligations
- Pro-actively identifying issues that may impact a renewal, and engaging all available resources to resolve
- Assist Sales and Finance teams with customer and account research & customer audits for maintenance renewal
- Resolve order issues with Customer Service and Order Management
- Track non-renewal, pending, and lost renewals including reasons for cancelling
Requirements: "I’ve already done that or have that"!
- You have experience selling Maintenance and Support renewals to a diverse customer base with a demonstrated ability to meet or exceed a sales quota
- Experience in a sales function that includes both direct customer interaction and working within a channel sales model
- Manage accounts by building and developing client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products & services
- The ability to sell value at all levels over the phone
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, take initiative and work proactively with minimal supervision
- Able to work independently but also as an contributing part of the EMEA Renewal Sales team
- Have a strong product understanding, system knowledge and processes to sell renewals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English plus one other European language would be an advantage
- Strong attention to detail and
- Logical and analytical thinker
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and track multiple issues
- Excellent customer service skills with an orientation towards helping customers
- Strong desire and willingness to learn