Title: Territory Sales Representative, New Business (Own Quota)
Location: Vancouver, Canada (must be located or willing to relocate)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an impact and help us change the way companies make business decisions? If your answer is "yes" we have a home for you at Splunk. As a Territory Sales Rep you will be responsible for growing the geo based territory business (small to medium-sized businesses). You will use your sales, negotiation and leadership skills to prospect, conduct lead generation activities and sell Splunk's award-winning software into small to medium businesses. You have a proven record of successfully selling software and services, and building helpful, positive relationships with customers.
You will meet/exceed assigned revenue goals working with a Systems Engineer and the extended team and map your territory to successfully prospect and close deals. You will follow up on leads and schedule product demos for qualified customers and own the technical validation process. You know how to work "smarter" not harder and share your standard methodologies and successes with the team. In addition you will also successfully:
- Manage accounts by building and cultivating client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments and consistently deliver against that forecast
- Support attendance to all field marketing events to include, but not limited to Splunk Lives, our National Users Conference and all regional trade shows.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- 5-7 years of experience in selling enterprise IT software solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance)
- Successful experience running the entire sales cycle from start to finish and experience being responsible for your own quota)
- History and currently exceeding sales quota (Presidents and sales awards/trips a plus)
- You have successfully owned and led the sales process (this is not an overlay or team quota)
- Consultative sales experience and challenging companies/businesses to think differently
- Successful in finding and uncovering new opportunities with prospects and existing business, cold calling and hunting for business
- You have a reputable track record of exceeding goals and quota
- Successful at developing new business and leading sales cycle, from generating leads through closing
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent verbal, communication and interpersonal skills
- A logical and analytical thinker
- You have proven negotiation skills, strong technical aptitude and passionate about technology sales.
- Strong computer skills – CRM system, Word, Excel, Salesforce.com a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills with the attested ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to work independently but also a contributing member of a team
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Commute daily to our Splunk office (not a remote position and we are only able to consider those that are local)
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent experience