Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! CLICK HERE
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!Role: Regional Sales Manager - State and Local Gov't
We are looking for a visionary Enterprise Software Sales representative to focus on Northern California local government. You will have validated sales experience in this vertical with a terrific reputation for overachieving quota while focusing on the customer. S/he should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
We seek someone that possesses a strong public sector sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT leaders. The Enterprise Sales Representative will be an especially strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment and embraces all aspects of selling. S/he should be able to work in dynamic, dynamic environment and have very strong communication skills.
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
You will identify, qualify and close new opportunities in our fast-growing market. You will be a direct contributor aligned with an engineer and an inside sales representative. All transactions are fulfilled through the channel by authorized partners, as such your ability to work with and leverage channel and alliance partners is important.
· Excellent listening skills and problem-solving ability are essential.
· Your ability to succeed in this role will require strong drive, as well as the application of advanced technical/business skills.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
· Minimum 3+ years of sales experience
· 1+ years of direct enterprise software sales experience
· 1+ years of selling to the NorCal local government.
· Proven track record of sales performance and knowledge of Public Sector
· Experience and credibility selling at the CxO and senior sales business manager level
· Ability to maintain SFDC and accurately forecast
· Ability to work independently, while leveraging extended resources
· High intellect and the capacity to multi task
· Excellent qualifying and closing skills
· Business development, prospecting skills and ability to build strong partner relationships
Education: Got it!