That’s a cool job! I want it!
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for expanding and growing territories for Splunk Public Sector. You will use your sales, negotiation and leadership skills to prospect, and conduct lead generation techniques and sell Splunk's award winning software into well-known/brand named companies. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success selling software or services and in building beneficial, lasting relationships with customers.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Inbound lead follow-up and status update through the company CRM system
- Outbound prospecting/Lead generation
- Qualify inbound and outbound leads
- Schedule product demos for qualified customers
- Manage accounts by building and fostering client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Meet/exceed assigned revenue goals
- Partner with a field representative
- Support attendance to all field marketing events to include, but not limited to Splunk Lives, our National Users Conference and all regional trade shows.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
Education: Got it!
- 3+ years of experience in selling enterprise IT solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance)
- Consultative sales experience and challenging companies/businesses to think differently
- Successful in finding and uncovering new opportunities with prospects and existing business, cold calling and hunting for business
- Own and managed the entire sales process and cycle from start to finish
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and quota
- Consistent track record of success in consultative sales environments
- Consistent track record of developing new business and managing sales cycle, from generating leads through closing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A logical and analytical thinker
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong computer skills – CRM system, Word, Excel, Salesforce.com a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills with the proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter able to work independently but also a contributing member of a team
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree Marketing or Science, or equivalent experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the On Target Earnings (OTE) ranges are guidelines and for candidates who receive an offer, the OTE pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to OTE, this role is eligible for benefits, and may be eligible for equity
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering here.
OTE Pay Ranges
For sales roles the ranges are expressed as On Target Earning or OTE (OTE = base + incentives in the form of sales incentive plans).
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
On Target Earnings: $152,000 - 209,000 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), New York (excludes NYC Metro Area), and all other states.
On Target Earnings: $144,000 - 198,000 per year