Splunk is going through a period of outstanding growth, and we are looking to expand our fantastic Swiss sales team. Currently we are on the lookout to hire a results driven & highly motivated Regional Sales Manager – PBST to join our team in Switzerland.
The successful candidate brings along a proven and measurable track record in building and maximizing sales within the Swiss German Public Sector (Hochschulen/UNIs, Kantonen, Kantonsspitäler, Städte, Switch). Seeking for candidates with a sold and established network of key contacts/decision makers (incl. C-Level). Finally, please note this will be an individual contributor role.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Consistently deliver on the license, support and service revenue targets – commitment to the number and to deadlines (predictable and accurate forecasting)
- Strategic Territory planning based on named accounts and opportunity management and continuous Pipeline Generation and Development
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with our customers by selling on Value and ROI
- Effectively engage and leverage Sales Engineering, our Business Value Consultants and our Professional Services resources – The entire Splunk Village
- Leverage our partner ecosystem of resellers, managed service providers and GSI’s
- Use, live and breathe our sales methodology and processes effectively (SFDC/MEDDPICC)
- Good corporate citizen, a team player, can-do attitude – two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
- 5 – 7 years direct selling experience in the Swiss PBST market (Sound mix of hunting mentality – used to sell into 50% whitespace patches – and farming capabilities for our customer base
- Relevant software industry experience in either Security, IT-Operations, DevOps, and/or Data Analytics. Feel comfortable in closing big and complex software licensing deals.
- Solid business relationships in place and affinity to the Public Sector
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Innovative, passionate, open, disruptive and having fun are key attributes you bring along
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively. Proven knowledge of MEDDPICC helps to stay in control of your business
- Strong competency in using social media and professional networks to understand your customer base
- Native German and fluent English (both written and spoken)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.