Regional Sales Manager - Ottawa
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are seeking a passionate, results oriented, sales professional to drive revenue growth with existing and net new F1000 customers.
Regional Sales Managers are individual contributors who play a vital role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
We provide our reps with an environment in which they can make valuable contributions from day one while also creating opportunities for learning and growth. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
Do you have passion for making your customers successful, and the ability to articulate the value and return on investment of an enterprise solution across multiple decision makers? This could be the role for you, are you up for the challenge?
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn.
- A set of deeply talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Sales Engineering to Customer Support.
- Breadth and depth. Challenge customers in how they think about their problems; will they will use Splunk as the single pane of glass in IT Operations, or for full visibility into all layers of Application Delivery, or to monitor every asset of their Security infrastructure.
- Do you want to enlighten customers, and demonstrate how Splunk can transform their business? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our sales talent through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- An open, respectful and harmonious work environment.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to choose your hours? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time, and believe that balance helps cultivate an excellent work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- You will have a measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets.
- Success selling complex enterprise software solutions
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments
- Success selling during market creation phase
- Success influencing at (C-suite) executive level and addressing key business issues
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective
- Establish a vision and plan to guide your long-term approach to pipeline generation.
- Consistently deliver license, support, and service revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Land, adopt, expand, and deepen sales opportunities.
- Explore the full spectrum of relationships and business possibilities across the client’s entire org chart.
- Become known as a thought-leader in machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Expand relationships and orchestrate complex deals across more diverse business stake-holders.
- Holistically embrace, access, and utilize the channel to identify and open new, unchartered opportunities.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources. Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions.
- Maintain CRM inputs, track progress.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- 5-10+ years direct and channel enterprise software selling experience to large enterprises, is required.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Proven track record of success closing six and seven figure software licensing deals with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Experience in the “C” suite, strong executive presence and polish, and excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English and French (a must)
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus