Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
This position is responsible for selling Splunk’s new Application Development (AppDev) software products for monitoring and observability (including SignalFx and VictorOps). SignalFx is the only real-time cloud monitoring platform for infrastructure, microservices, and applications, and is built on a massively scalable streaming architecture. We apply advanced analytics and data-science-directed troubleshooting to let operators find the root cause of issues in seconds. VictorOps is incident management software purpose-built for DevOps. By centralizing information and offering high-powered integrations, VictorOps makes on-call suck less by empowering devops teams to collaborate and reduce mean time to acknowledge/repair. When monitoring tools (like Splunk) create alerts, VictorOps makes sure they get to the right people at the right time so problems can be solved faster.
We’re making a difference in the modern application development space, and we’re looking for energetic, talented professionals to grow our team. If you want to work for a game-changing company, we definitely want to talk to you.
This is a quota carrying, external field position. Ability to articulate complex solutions, build and maintain executive level relationships, and navigate across customer organizations / business units is required.
- Land, adopt, expand, and deepen sales opportunities.
- Explore the full spectrum of relationships and business possibilities across the client’s entire org chart.
- Expand relationships and orchestrate complex deals across more diverse business stake-holders.
- Holistically embrace, access, and utilize the channel to identify and open new, unchartered opportunities.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources. Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions
- Responsible for forecasting, keeps management informed in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedback to marketing.
- Tracks customer activity in internal systems in order to execute sales strategy and identify additional opportunities.
- May provide customer demos and/or product training as necessary.
- Accountable for individual expense budget management.
- You will have 5-10+ years of direct sales experience selling enterprise software to mid-size to large enterprises (required), start-up experience welcomed!
- You have previous experience utilizing partners, channels and alliances to sell more successfully and overachieve your quota.
- You have sold a similar complex solution software and have experience in any of the following IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics.
- You have a measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets
- Experience in selling complex enterprise software solutions and ability to adapt in fast-growing and changing environments
- Experience in successfully selling during market creation phase
- Proven track record of successfully closing six and seven figure software licensing deals with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Experience in the “C” suite, strong executive presence and polish, and excellent listening skills.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Modern application architecture (micro-services) understanding
What We Offer You:
- An opportunity to drive significant shareholder, customer and employee value.
- A fast-growing and rapidly changing business and market where you will be challenged and grow.
- Hardworking and dedicated peers across all GTM and Corporate functions.
- Do you want to make an impact? The work you’ll do will directly impact our future and how we are viewed in the market and by our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth. We believe in growing our leaders through ownership, new experiences, and formal and informal education.
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.