Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to Turn Data Into Doing™. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our technology and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
- Play an active role as part of the DevOps GTM leadership team
- Attend management calls/meetings/QBRs - contribute as a senior voice EMEA DevOps RSM teams.
- Contribute to the go forward DevOps RSM GTM and Engagement strategy.
- Work closely and align with the DevOps Theater leader to drive success in DevOps.
- Work with DevOps RSM Sales Leader to provide weekly forecasts as part of the Global Forecast process.
- Act as “Exec” level air cover/support and a proxy in region for DevOps exec presence with our most strategic, complex and impactful accounts.
- Support the DevOps regional EBC.
- Align with DevOps GTM stakeholders in Product Management, PMM, SE, Evangelist/Advocacy to enable effective communication of the DevOps strategy and roadmap to both Internal and External stakeholders/customers.
- Work with the Theater DevOps RSM leader to help identify, define and promote DevOps sales best practices.
- Source and define patterns and trends from the DevOps RSM field work. Work with the Theater DevOps RSM leader to feed these back into sales engagement process i.e. Big Bet reviews and Account Strategy & Planning process etc.
- Understand what’s working and where gaps exist and work with Theater DevOps RSM leader to package, reuse and scale.
- Act as “Tip of the Spear” for the roll out of new engagement motions/workshops working with wider DevOps RSM team
- Document learnings and recommendations gleaned from our most complex DevOps engagements/deployments so they can be scaled and packaged by the Strategist team.
- Align with Marketing and Customer Success to identify and maintain a robust framework of regional solution references.
- Stay current and across key developments and emerging trends in the DevOps domain - the goal for this role is to be ahead of where the wider Sales Specialist team are.
- Proactive communication of trends and changes in the domain and competitive landscape back into DevOps RSM team, Product and Competitive Intelligence team.
- Act as go to authority and guide for new emerging trends in the DevOps domain space for the wider DevOps RSM team.
- Work with DevOps RSM leaders on prioritization on how we evolve to take best advantage of these new patterns and trends..
- Support Marketing and A&R teams for regional initiatives where required
- Support regional field marketing activities.
- Support the A&R team for regional Analyst meetings.
- Support global and regional Dev Ops PMM in developing sales and campaign messaging.
- Support and lead theater based M&A & NPI activities.
- Credible and active Internal & External evangelist.
- Contribution of blogs, whitepapers, webinars, presence at Splunk events etc.
- You will have 5-10+ years of direct sales experience selling enterprise software to mid-size to large enterprises (required), start-up experience welcomed!
- Strong cloud knowledge with a solid technical understanding, with the ability to conduct demos to startup organisations
- You have previous experience utilizing partners, channels and alliances to sell more successfully and overachieve your quota.
- You have sold a similar complex solution software and have experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics.
- You have a measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets
- Experience in selling complex enterprise software solutions and ability to adapt in fast-growing and changing environments
- Experience in successfully selling during market creation phase
- Proven track record of successfully closing six and seven figure software licensing deals with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Experience in the “C” suite, strong executive presence and polish, and excellent listening skills.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus or equivalent experience
- Modern application architecture (micro-services) understanding is key, along with the ability to understand and communicate technical challenges in business terms
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.