Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Our IT and DevOps team is making a difference in the monitoring space, and we’re looking for energetic, talented professionals to grow our team. Splunk has recently been named Gartner Magic Quadrant visionary within the Application Performance Management (APM) category and has the highest ITOA market share according to IDC for 6 years straight so there has never been a better time to join our team!
· Land, adopt, expand, and deepen sales opportunities.
· Explore the full spectrum of relationships and business possibilities across the client’s entire org chart.
· Expand relationships and orchestrate complex deals across more diverse business stake-holders.
· Holistically embrace, access, and utilize the channel to identify and open new, unchartered opportunities.
· Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources. Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions
· Responsible for forecasting, keeps management informed in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedback to marketing.
· Track customer activity in internal systems in order to execute sales strategy and identify additional opportunities.
· May provide customer demos and/or product training as necessary.
· Accountable for individual expense budget management.
· You will have 5-10+ years of direct sales experience selling enterprise software to mid-size to large enterprises (required), start-up experience welcomed!
· You have previous experience utilizing partners, channels and alliances to sell more successfully and overachieve your quota.
· Strong understanding of the application development lifecycle and expertise on methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
· You have sold a similar complex solution software and have experience in any of the following: IT systems, application development and management, business applications and/or analytics.
· Working experience in IT Operation Management platforms in correlation with application, networking and systems management tools. A strong market landscape is required.
· You have a measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets
· Experience in selling complex enterprise software solutions and ability to adapt in fast-growing and changing environments.
· Upsell and cross sell Splunk IT Ops & DevOps Solutions into existing and target accounts.
· Proven track record of successfully closing six and seven figure software licensing deals with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
· Experience in the “C” suite, strong executive presence and polish, and excellent listening skills.
· Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
· You are driven, adapt and want to continuously learn about businesses and innovative technologies. "Growth Mindset"
· Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus or equivalent experience
· Good command of English
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunkers are encouraged and empowered to be Innovative, Passionate, Disruptive, Open and Fun.
From San Francisco to Shanghai, Splunkers work in 25+ offices across the globe.
Intern with people you want to hang out with, even outside the office.
Hear from Splunkers on the latest.
Culture of Inclusion: Splunkers Share Their Stories
Follow Splunk on LinkedIn for job announcements, company news, and more.