Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about sales and evangelizing disruptive technology to help businesses collaborate and run more efficiently? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have a home for your at Splunk! In this new role you will be a key member on the Inside Sales Team. You will drive new business by active prospecting and handling inbound inquires. You will also have the opportunity to drive expansion with our existing customers. You will evangelize and build our reputation in the marketplace. We value a work-life balance. In the office, we’re all about meeting our goals and celebrating when we achieve them. You will become part of a fun, hard-working and collaborative sales culture.
A Day in the Life of your New Amazing Job:
- You will ensure all leads are followed up with and each lead is given the appropriate level of attention to drive a prospects evaluation.
- Creativity Encouraged: Use inbound marketing leads AND your own outbound prospecting as your lead pool to build a pipeline of qualified prospects
- Lead the sales cycle to assist customers in their purchase decision through product demonstrations, delivery of value propositions, and negotiation and closing excellence.
- Collaborate with and learn from VP of Sales on new selling approaches and strategies.
- Outreach, engagement and encourage relationship building with existing customers.
- Ability to meet goals as set by the sales team each quarter.
- Outreach (yes, sometimes that’s a cold call) to potential clients, articulate the value in the VictorOps platform, and rate their interest in our product.
- Work with our Customer success team to build relationships with our existing customers to inform them of new product features and industry related content that may expand their use cases for VictorOps.
- Learn from and work with sales, marketing and support to build strategies to communicate with and close new prospects
- Training and mentorship opportunities across the entire organization to give you a broad understanding of the business
- Take advantage of the free snacks, keg, and weekly breakfast and lunches.
- You have 2-3 years selling a technical product in a SaaS environment and closing your own deals (and reputation to prove your success and looking to jump start your sales career)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong self-awareness and social skills to handle difficult situations with understanding and composure
- Able to grasp complex new software products and services-and how to use them in a competitive marketplace
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across Splunk and VictorOps
- DevOps experience will send your resume to the top of the pile
- Live near our Boulder CO office (daily commute into the office is required)
- A competitive salary, generous benefits, and equity
- The chance to join a fun and hard-working team
- A collaborative, open work environment at our office in the heart of downtown Boulder
- Free snacks, a rooftop patio, and cold brew coffee on tap
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!