Role: Regional Sales Manager, Civilian Agencies
Location: Greater Washington, DC area
We are seeking a passionate, results oriented, sales professional to drive revenue growth with existing and net new Fed Civilian customers.
Regional Sales Managers are individual contributors who play a vital role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
We provide our reps with an environment in which they can make valuable contributions from day one while also crafting opportunities for learning and growth. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
Do you have passion for making your customers successful, and the ability to articulate the value and return on investment of an enterprise solution across multiple decision makers? This could be the role for you, are you up for the challenge?
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn.
- A set of deeply talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Sales Engineering to Customer Support.
- Breadth and depth. Challenge customers in how they think about their problems; will they will use Splunk as the single pane of glass in IT Operations, or for full visibility into all layers of Application Delivery, or to monitor every asset of their Security infrastructure.
- Do you want to enlighten customers, and demonstrate how Splunk can transform their business? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our sales talent through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- An open, respectful and harmonious work environment.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to choose your hours? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time, and believe that balance helps cultivate an excellent work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- You will have a measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets.
- Success selling sophisticated enterprise software solutions
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments
- Success selling during market creation phase
- Success influencing at (C-suite) executive level and addressing key business issues
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective
- Establish a vision and plan to guide your long-term approach to pipeline generation.
- Consistently deliver license, support, and service revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Land, adopt, expand, and deepen sales opportunities.
- Explore the full spectrum of relationships and business possibilities across the client’s entire org chart.
- Become known as a thought-leader in machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Expand relationships and orchestrate sophisticated deals across more diverse business stake-holders.
- Holistically adopt, access, and utilize the channel to identify and open new, unchartered opportunities.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources. Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions.
- Maintain CRM inputs, track progress.
- Minimum 5+ years of sales experience
- 3 + years of direct enterprise software sales experience
- 3+ years of current Civilian Agency related sales experience
- You are an attested "hunter" willing to take on an acquisition territory and have fun doing so
- Consistent track record of sales performance and knowledge of Federal Civilian sales
- Comfortable and creative with white space, new customer demand and contract capture
- Experience and credibility selling at the CxO and senior sales business manager level
- Ability to forecast
- High intellect and the capacity to multi task
- Excellent qualifying and closing skills
- Business development, prospecting skills and ability to build strong partner relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience will be considered
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.