Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our solutions and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers and ecosystem, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
We are seeking an outstanding Sales Professional to join our Americas Commercial team. You will have an impact on driving a significant share of the revenue for Splunk within the Digital Native team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with an outstanding leader as part of the Commercial team, within the Digital Native space. We’re looking for an inspirational, entrepreneurial and driven sales professional with a track record of success to join our fun and ambitious team.
Values and Core Behaviors
- Splunk Values: Innovative, Passionate, Disruptive, Open and Fun
- Core Behaviors: Curious, Driven, Adaptable, Challenger, Humble, Integrity, and Growth Mindset
- Proven successful track record in a similar role, selling SaaS to fast growing, ambitious companies.
- Hugely curious about, and experienced in the opportunities & challenges that Digital Native organizations have in launching and growing their businesses.
- To be a team-player, to enjoy both learning and teaching and be focused on collaboration and joint success.
- Must enjoy prospecting in new, high growth, innovative organizations to develop a genuine understanding of their business
- To be able to work at all levels with constant contact with the founders, leaders and developers, successfully identifying and influencing these key decision makers
- Identify real business opportunities from these interactions and work them through the sales process, being accountable for accurate forecasting on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- To act as a Splunk ambassador and provide thought leadership in our areas of expertise.
- Comfortable working within a tribal village of marketing, product, evangelists, demand generation, customer support, executives, technical experts, and services to achieve optimal outcomes for our customers.
- Desire to Learn, Adapt and be coachable: You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies. A bias for data-driven decision making preferred
- An effective communicator who encourages diverse ideas and opinions to harvest innovation. Have the ability to make your voice heard to constantly improve the ‘way we do things’
- A proven track-record of success in a similar role selling SaaS, preferably Observability, DevOps, or a closely related application. Understanding of Agile, DevOps, Cloud & cloud native technologies. This role involves selling cutting edge SaaS software to cutting-edge software people.
- Expert skills using CRM (Salesforce), Slack, Billing and a full suite of business productivity tools.
- Ability to identify and influence key-decision makers, create and manage sales opportunities, utilize resources effectively, deliver value propositions and ultimately win new customers
- Expertise in team selling
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, able to communicate complex concepts in a compelling and explicit manner
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly changing environment while being able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- You have a passion to understand customers and match their requirements to Splunk and our solutions
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for bonus or commission and benefits, and may be eligible for equity.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $43.85 - 60.29 per hour
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), New York (excludes NYC Metro Area), and all other states.
Base Pay Range: $41.54 - 57.12 per hour
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.