Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is innovating the way information supports business decisions.
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! https://vimeo.com/279499574
Title: Regional Sales Manager, Canadian Federal Government
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are seeking a passionate, results oriented, sales professional to drive revenue growth with existing and net new customers within the Canadian Government.
Regional Sales Managers are individual contributors who play a vital role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
We provide our reps with an environment in which they can make valuable contributions from day one while also creating opportunities for learning and growth. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
What We Offer You:
- A world class, industry leading solution that is being used to drive the mission of our customers forward. We're the farthest thing from a commoditized set of products that you can find.
- On top of offering an incredible solution, the people at Splunk is what sets us apart. The sales, engineering, and support organizations at Splunk are filled with driven, hardworking, & talented individuals that truly support each other as a team.
- Through our solution & our people, Splunk provides a once in a life time career work-culture. This allows us to have an open, fun, passionate, & collaborative workplace environment. You'll find coworkers that are enthusiastic about their work & want to help others but that also value & respect a balanced level of work and life.
- With the breadth and depth of our offerings, you will be able to challenge customers in how they think about their problems; will they will use Splunk as the single pane of glass in IT Operations, or for full visibility into all layers of Application Delivery, or to monitor every asset of their Security infrastructure? With our solution, you can engage prospects & customers on how to demonstrate our solution and transform the way they do business.
- It's critical to Splunk that we support individual growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our sales talent through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
What We're Looking For:
- Individuals that have invested time to get to know Splunk, our offerings, and our market.
- You will have a measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets.
- Success selling complex enterprise software solutions, selling during market creation phase, influencing at (C-suite) executive level and addressing key business issues, and orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective.
- Success selling into the Canadian Government.
- Establish a vision and plan to guide your long-term approach to pipeline generation.
- Consistently deliver license, support, and service revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Land, adopt, expand, and deepen sales opportunities.
- Explore the full spectrum of relationships and business possibilities across the client’s entire org chart.
- Expand relationships and orchestrate complex deals across more diverse business stake-holders.
- Holistically embrace, access, and utilize the channel to identify and open new, unchartered opportunities.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources. Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions.
- Maintain CRM inputs and track progress.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Ideal candidates have 5-10+ years direct and channel enterprise software selling experience to large enterprises.
- We are also open to candidates that have been in a sales engineering/technical consulting role and want to move into a direct sales role
- And/or any engineers with hands on experience that love Splunk and have a desire to evangelize the value of Splunk across the Canadian Government.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Consistent track record of success closing six and seven figure software licensing deals with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Experience in the “C” suite, strong executive presence and polish, and excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in English and French (a plus)
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus.