Splunk is going through a period of hyper-growth, and we are looking to further expand our footprint in the German speaking part of Switzerland. To that effect, we are currently on the lookout to hire a results driven and highly motivated Regional Sales Manager to join the ALPS Sales team in Switzerland.
The successful candidate brings along a proven and measurable track record in building a strong pipeline and maximising Software Sales within large/global enterprise customers in the FSI market. Seeking for candidates with a sold and established network of key contacts/decision makers (incl. C-Level) within the Key Private and Cantonal Banks, as well as other Financial Institutions and Insurance companies in the Swiss German part of Switzerland. Finally, please note this will be an individual contributor role.
- Consistently deliver on the license, support and service revenue targets – commitment to the numbers and to deadlines (predictable and accurate forecasting)
- Strategic Territory planning based on named accounts and opportunity management and continuous Pipeline Generation and Business Development
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with our customers by selling on Value and ROI
- Effectively engage and leverage Sales Engineering, our Business Value Advisors and our Professional Services resources – The entire Splunk Village
- Leverage our partner ecosystem of resellers, managed service providers and GSI’s
- Use, live and breathe our sales methodology and processes effectively (SFDC/MEDDPICC)
- Good corporate citizen, a team player, with a can-do attitude – two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of our resources
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer: At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; MBA is a plus
- 5 – 7 years direct selling experience in the Swiss IT market (Sound mix of hunting mentality – used to sell into 50% whitespace patches – and farming capabilities for our customer base)
- Proven track-record in Software Sales in either Security (preferred), IT-Operations, DevOps, and/or Data Analytics
- Feels comfortable in closing large and complex software licensing deals.
- Solid business relationship in existing target accounts and the FSI industry in general
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Innovative, passionate, open, disruptive and having fun are key attributes you bring along
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth mindset and rapidly evolving and competitive market
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively. Proven knowledge of MEDDPICC helps to stay in control of your business
- Strong competency in using social media and professional networks to screen and better
- understand your customer base and key personas
- Native German and very fluent in English (both written and spoken)
For sales roles starting salaries are expressed as On Target Earnings or OTE (OTE = base + on-target incentives in the form of sales commission plans).
On Target Earnings: CHF 232,000.00 - 319,000.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the On Target Earnings (OTE) range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the OTE will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to OTE, this role may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.