We are seeking an exceptional Sales Director to further develop and grow the Strategic Account Team business. This individual will play a key role in executing on some of the largest and most strategic deals to date, continuing the world class growth of Splunk at Strategic accounts and driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
We are looking for a true leader, a people person. Someone who demonstrates a clear ability to grow businesses, close complex multi-million-dollar transactions while still understanding the need for constant pipeline generation and sustainable revenue flows. You will have done this before, this is one of the top Strategic Account sales teams in the country; experience, knowledge and ideas are a must.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Strategic Accounts team. Account coverage includes Strategic International Organizations in various Industries,
- Lead and coach a team of 5 to 7 Account managers, diverse in experience and abilities and all hired and ramped within Splunk.
- Consistently deliver aggressive license revenue and growth targets with commitment to the number and to deadlines. Carefully manage a balanced scorecard of support and services revenues to ensure customer success.
- Negotiate (and maintain) favorable pricing and business terms with Strategic enterprises by selling value and ROI.
- Work with channel and technology partners for maximum effectiveness, scale and delivery. You will have a dotted line report in this area.
- Leverage and manage technical services and partner resources to maximum effect. You will have a dotted line report in this area.
- Coach the team and be hands-on where appropriate; build team ethos; direct Strategic Account strategy, account planning, and sales processes.
- Conduct regular sales and forecast calls with the team, and with superiors. Forecast accuracy is a must and primary performance metric.
- Build a pipeline of talent and hire the right people to match culture, methodologies and company growth.
- Use our sales methodology (MEDDPICC focused on Value Based Selling and Pain Chains) and processes effectively.
- Understand how to leverage colleagues to expand deal size and business value to the customer. You will have a dotted line report in this area.
- Act as a good corporate citizen – use communication skills to ensure two-way flow of relevant and timely information; lead and inspire the team.
- Provide timely and insightful input to other corporate activities, particularly product management, marketing and Strategic accounts.
- Extensive experience in building and running front line Strategic Account teams; ability and desire to grow and scale upward with the company.
- Extensive experience in direct and channel selling to Strategic Accounts.
- Have an existing wide network of contacts in specific industries and or Enterprise accounts and demonstrate ability to grow a network.
- Comfortable working with C-level and senior executives in Strategic Accounts.
- Track record of closing six, seven and eight figure TCV software licensing deals.
- Understanding, experience and expertise in pipeline generation and management in a high growth environment.
- Strong executive presence, bearing and polish.
- Ability to maintain an accurate sales forecast, deliver on commitments and drive new business.
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills; all-round exceptional communicator.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Able to work independently and remotely, yet maintain management and leadership of your team, and close contact with superiors.
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management.
- Ability to effectively use CRM systems (Sales Force).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.