Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Due to our expansive growth, we are seeking an exceptional sales leader to join our team as Regional Sales Director. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a proven record in selling enterprise software solutions to large organizations, experience successfully leading front line sales teams, and history of overachieving team quotas.
What We Offer You:
- An opportunity to drive significant shareholder, customer, and employee value.
- A fast-growing and rapidly changing business and market where you will be challenged and grow.
- Hardworking and dedicated peers across all GTM and Corporate functions.
- Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire, lead, develop, and inspire the right team to match our growth potential, get involved with strategy, planning, and execution? The work you’ll do will directly impact our future and how we are viewed in the market and by our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth. We believe in growing our leaders through ownership, new experiences, and formal and informal education.
- An open, supportive, and collaborative work environment.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and retain an all-star sales team: Inspire, empower, coach and motivate while pairing business and revenue objectives with appropriate growth initiatives.
- Train new hires on the sales process, ensure standards of success are clearly articulated.
- Consistently deliver revenue targets – ensuring company revenue goals, and objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year.
- Accurately forecast quarterly, and annual revenue numbers for assigned region, dedication to the number, and to deadlines.
- Direct sales activities within the assigned area, set expectations, provide mentorship, prioritize efforts, hold the team accountable for building pipeline, and executing each phase of the sales cycle.
- Coach sales team to uncover customer needs, develop champions, present specific use cases, demonstrate the differentiated value of Splunk products and services, and negotiate favorable pricing and terms by selling value and return on investment.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources; collaborate with sales engineering, channels/alliances, professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience.
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively.
- 5+ years’ experience building and leading front-line sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second-line management experience a plus.
- 10+ years of direct and channel enterprise software selling experience to large enterprises is required.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications, and/or analytics.
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDPICC and Challenger methodologies is a plus
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive-level presentations.
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.