Role: Regional Sales Director – State & Local Govt.
Location: Northeast, US
That’s a cool job! I want it!
We are searching for an aggressive, experienced Regional Sales Director for the US Public Sector, specifically focused on State & Local Govt. for Northeast. As the Regional Sales Director, you will build the strategic direction of the sales efforts by developing, implementing, and monitoring the sales plans to achieve profitability, business goals, and objectives. You will work closely with the SLED and Public Sector leadership team, with the marketing team and other resources in the execution of effective sales strategies and tactics. You will ultimately be responsible for ensuring that the Northeast State & Local Field Sales Team is meeting revenue and customer satisfaction goals. This individual will have a measurable track record of success leading and managing teams within an IT solutions environment along with documented success and experience across the State & Local vertical.
Qualifications - I have these!
- Proven experience meeting and exceeding quota quarter over quarter and year over year
- Ability to hire, train and empower a high-performance sales team
- Proven ability to work in a team sales environment
- Experience driving large revenue targets in State & Local Govt. sales markets
- Proven leadership skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand complex organizations
- Ability to manage a complex sales cycle, from generating leads through closing
- Ability to accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Ability to work cooperatively with other sales executives to achieve company and market goals
- Experience preparing proposals and RFPs, negotiating contracts, and providing follow-up information
- Ability to analyze ROI and other benefits of our software and professional services for presentation to client decision-makers
- Experience negotiating bids and closing sales, and providing consultative client support post-sale
- Ability to achieve and exceed targeted quarterly and annual sales goals
- Strong project management skills
- A professional, ethical and constructive approach to sales management with strong team-building skills
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply creative solutions to challenges
- Experience evaluating and monitoring compensation/commission plan for sales staff to improve incentive-based programs
- Broad channel sales experience
- Strong sales methodology background using Strategic Sales, SPIN, Solution Selling, Sandler, or similar
- Historic use of Salesforce.com, or similar for managing large, complex sales pipelines
- 10 years experience in sales of technology solutions plus a minimum of 5 years leading field sales teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.