Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are currently looking to hire an experienced Regional Sales Director for Spain, based in the Madrid office. You will have a measurable track record of building and improving sales territories, building and developing teams and have a strong management background. If this sounds like you this could be the opportunity you've been waiting for, and we would love to hear from you!
- You will be managing a small team of Sales Account Managers based in Spain; responsible for growing and developing the team, working closely with the team on the whole sales cycle.
- As a Splunk Leader you will be hands-on in coaching and mentoring the team, whilst being a Splunk ambassador, internally and externally.
- Consistently delivering on license, support and service revenue targets – commitment to the number and to deadlines, on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Working with internal teams to align and agree on individual quotas for the Account Managers, you will play an instrumental role in driving the success from the beginning.
- Working with the EMEA leadership and sales operations team to align on territory mapping, account planning and opportunity management.
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and return on investment.
- Working with our Spanish partners and our Channel Partner Manager for maximum effectiveness, resulting in mutual benefit.
- Leverage sales engineering in-house, as well as partner, services resources in order to drive through complex sales deals to successful closure.
- Using our sales methodology and processes effectively to be successful.
- Understand how to leverage both our international and domestic colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer.
Requirements and experience:
- You will have the know-how to grow and scale upwards with the company; first line management experience is essential.
- Experience of working in a high growth and international environment, you will understand the benefits and challenges of working in high growth mode.
- You will have a sincere passion for people and people management, being able to engage with our sales team with ease.
- Extensive direct and channel Enterprise within Software selling experience to large enterprises, in the Spanish market, is a must. Ideally you would have worked for a similar business to ours.
- As an individual you will be very comfortable working with, and selling to, the “C” suite. You will have a track record of closing six and seven figure software licensing deals.
- Strong executive presence and polish, you will be comfortable to position Splunk with our high profile customers.
- Accurate forecasting and pipelining commitments, you understand the full sales cycle and the key of forecasting.
- Exceptional people management, you will have high emotional intelligence combined with interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Understanding of CRM systems (Salesforce).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.