We are searching for an aggressive, experienced Regional Sales Director for the US Public Sector, specifically focused on State and Local Government for the State of California. As the Regional Sales Director, you will build the strategic direction of the sales efforts by developing, implementing, and monitoring sales plans to achieve profitability, business goals, and objectives. You will put your high energy to great use as you lead your team from the front, working closely with the Public Sector leadership team, Marketing and other resources in the execution of effective sales strategies and tactics. You will ultimately be responsible for ensuring that the SLG Field Sales Team is meeting revenue and customer satisfaction goals. This individual will have a measurable track record of success leading and managing teams within an IT solutions environment along with documented success and experience across the SLG vertical.
- Proven experience meeting and exceeding quota, quarter over quarter and year over year growth objectives
- Ability to hire, train and empower a high-performance sales team
- Proven ability to work in a team sales environment
- Experience driving large revenue targets in SLG sales markets
- Proven leadership skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand complex organizations
- Ability to manage a complex sales cycle, from generating leads through closing
- Ability to accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Ability to work cooperatively with other sales executives to achieve company and market goals
- Experience preparing proposals and RFPs, negotiating contracts, and providing follow-up information
- Ability to analyze return on investment and other benefits of our software and professional services for presentation to client decision-makers
- Experience negotiating bids and closing sales, and providing consultative client support post-sale
- Ability to achieve and exceed targeted quarterly and annual sales goals
- Strong project management skills
- A professional, ethical and constructive approach to sales management with strong team-building skills
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply creative solutions to challenges
- Experience evaluating and monitoring compensation/commission plan for sales staff to improve incentive-based programs
- Broad channel sales experience
- Strong sales methodology background using Strategic Sales, SPIN, Solution Selling, Sandler, MEDDPICC, or similar
- Historic use of Salesforce.com, or similar for managing large, complex sales pipelines
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- 10 years experience in sales of technology solutions plus a minimum of 5 years leading field sales teams (experience leading SLED teams)
- Proven success of exceeding team quota as a leader and reputation/references to back up success.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
- Location is Northern CA
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for bonus or commission and benefits, and may be eligible for equity.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $ 304,000 - 418,000 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), New York (excludes NYC Metro Area), and all other states.
Base Pay Range: $284,000 - 390,500 per year