Regional Sales Director (Defence, Intel, Aerospace)
We are seeking an outstanding Sales Director to further develop and grow the UK&I Public Sector business focused on our Defence, Intelligence and Aerospace customers. The successful Sales leader be integral in delivering some of the largest and most strategic deals to date, continuing the superb growth of the Defence Intelligence and Aerospace business and driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk!
We are looking for a true leader, a people person, who demonstrates a clear ability to grow businesses, close complex multi-million pound transactions while still understanding the need for constant pipeline generation and sustainable revenue flows. This will be something you have done before, this is one of the top Public Sector sales teams in the country; experience, knowledge and ideas are a must.
- Manage and grow our UK Defence and Aerospace Business
- Account coverage includes Defence and Intel agencies, Aerospace and Defence Supply organisations between $1-5bn revenue.
- Lead and coach 6 Account managers, diverse in experience and abilities and all hired and ramped within Splunk.
- Consistently deliver ambitious license revenue and growth targets with dedication to the number. Carefully lead a balanced scorecard of support and services revenues to ensure customer success.
- Deliver favourable pricing and business terms with large Defence enterprises by selling value and ROI. Including any need for Cross Government frameworks or pricing MOUs.
- Work with channel and technology partners for maximum efficiency, scale and delivery.
- Leverage and lead technical services and partner resources to maximum effect.
- Coach the team and be hands-on where appropriate; establish team ethos; direct financial and account planning strategy and sales processes.
- Conduct regular sales and forecast calls with the team, and with leadership. Forecast accuracy is a must and a primary performance metric.
- Build a pipeline of talent and hire the right people to match culture, methodologies and company growth.
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively.
- Understand how to leverage colleagues to expand deal size and business value to the customer.
- Good corporate and empathetic citizen – two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input to other corporate activities, particularly product management, marketing and the Public Sector vertical.
- Extensive experience in building and running front line major account teams; ability and desire to grow and scale upward with the company.
- Proficient in direct and channel selling to the Ministry of Defence and UKIC bodies, large and small.
- Deep understanding of the market trends and technology priorities in sector.
- Experience and ability to mentor and develop enterprise account growth strategies.
- Have an existing wide network of contacts in the Ministry of Defence and demonstrate an ability to expand this network.
- Comfortable working with C-level and senior executives in public sector bodies.
- Track record of closing six, seven and eight figure TCV software licensing deals.
- Strong executive presence, bearing and polish.
- Ability to maintain an accurate sales forecast, deliver on commitments and drive new business.
- Outstanding management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills; all-round skilled communicator.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Able to work independently and remotely, yet maintain management and leadership of your team, and close contact with leadership.
- Relevant software sales experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management.
- Ability to effectively use CRM systems (Sales Force).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.