We are seeking an exceptional sales leader to join our team as Regional Sales Director of Navy and Marine Corp sales. This position reports to the AVP of DoD & Intel. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing sales organizations. This individual will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
Role: Regional Sales Director - Navy and Marine Corps
Location: East Coast, US
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Directly manage the sales team and work closely with assigned technical resources and inside sales
- Consistently deliver aggressive license, support and service revenue targets – commitment to the number and to deadlines
- Territory mapping, account planning and opportunity management
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and ROI
- Work with inside sales and partners for maximum effectiveness
- Leverage sales engineering and in-house as well as partner services resources
- Player /coach, hands on with the team; very involved with account planning, strategy and sales calls
- Hire the right team to match our growth
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively
- Understand how to leverage both international and domestic colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer
- Good corporate citizen – two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Active TS clearance preferred
- DoD cloud and cyber security experience is a plus
- 5+ years experience building and running front line sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large, federal enterprises
- Very comfortable and familiar with the Navy/Marine customer.
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Use CRM systems (Sales Force) extensively
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
Qualified Military Veterans encouraged to apply!!!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.