Splunk is going through a period of outstanding growth, and we are looking to expand our salesforce. Currently we are on the lookout to hire a driven & highly motivated Regional Sales Director (m/f/d) – Field Sales to join our team in Central Europe.
- Directly manage the Regional Sales Managers and work closely with assigned technical specialist, business value resources and inside sales
- Consistently deliver license, support and service revenue targets – commitment to the number, deadlines and thoughtful planning
- Negotiate favourable pricing and business terms with large commercial and government enterprises by selling value and ROI
- Work with inside sales and partners for leveraged effectiveness
- Leads from the front, hands on with the team; very involved with account planning, strategy and sales calls
- Owns and drives forecast excellence across the team and communication to Management
- Hire the right team to match growth and excellence expectations
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively
- Understand how to leverage both colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- Demonstrable background of understanding complex organisations and mechanisms of decisions for large IT and business projects around operational intelligence.
- Demonstrable experience and success in the German public sector including framework contracts, EVB, and contract requirements including insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly legal and best practices
- 8+ years experience building and running front line enterprise account teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company.
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large enterprises
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of closing six and seven figure software licensing deals
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Use CRM systems (SalesForce) extensively
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
- Past experience in building start up or early phase US technology companies
- Fluent in German, both written and spoken
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.