Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Due to our expansive growth we are seeking a experienced sales leader to join our team as “Regional Sales Director - Strategic Sales (m/f/d)” in Germany to manage a highly talented Strategic Account team. Your role will have a material impact on Splunk’s overall performance, are you up for the challenge?
- Directly manage the Strategic Account Managers and work closely with assigned technical specialist, business value resources and inside sales
- Consistently deliver license, support and service revenue targets – commitment to the number, deadlines and thoughtful planning
- Negotiate favourable pricing and business terms with large commercial and government enterprises by selling value and ROI
- Work with inside sales and partners for leveraged effectiveness
- Leads from the front, hands on with the team; very involved with account planning, strategy and sales calls
- Owns and drives forecast excellence across the team and communication to Management
- Hire the right team to match growth and excellence expectations
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively
- Understand how to leverage both colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- Demonstrable background of understanding complex organisations and mechanisms of decisions for large IT and business projects around operational intelligence.
- Demonstrable experience and success in the German public sector including framework contracts, EVB, and contract requirements including insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly legal and best practices
- 8+ years experience building and running front line strategic account teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company.
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large enterprises
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of closing six and seven figure software licensing deals
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Use CRM systems (SalesForce) extensively
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
- Past experience in building start up or early phase US technology companies
- Fluent in German, both written and spoken
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.