We are currently seeking an outstanding sales leader to join our team as a Regional Sales Director to lead the Italian field team, based in Milan, reporting in to our Country Manager. You will be in charge of running and leading an ambitious team of Account Managers looking after Italian mid-market. The field team is very much focused on driving new business development for Splunk, and you will play a key role in driving and shaping the team, contributing to a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
If you are looking for your next challenge for 2020, where you will be able to make a real impact to our business growth in Italy please continue reading!
As our next Regional Sales Director for Italy your Responsibilities will include:
- Directly leading, mentoring and developing the Italian mid market sales team.
- You will be partnering closely with assigned technical resources and the inside sales team based in the UK.
- Consistently delivering adventurous license, support and service revenue targets – commitment to the number, on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Reaching a consensus, through positive influencing, to favourable pricing and business terms with mid sized commercial and government enterprises by selling return on investment.
- Harmonizing your sales activities with our channel team and partners for maximum effectiveness and sales success.
- Using and partnering with the sales engineering team, both in-house as well as partner services resources.
- Acting as a Player /Coach, you will be hands on with your team; highly involved with the account planning, strategy and sales rhythm.
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively to ensure maximum success and over achievement.
- A solid understanding on how to best work with our different teams to expand deal sizes and bring maximum value to our customers.
- Act as a true Splunk Ambassador, and providing insightful input back to other corporate functions globally, particularly our product management and marketing teams.
Our successful candidate will possess the following requirements:
- You will have 5+ years’ experience of building and running front line sales teams; with the ability to grow and scale upward with the company.
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to enterprises across the Italian market.
- You will be very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of closing six and seven figure software licensing deals.
- You will possess a strong executive presence and polish.
- Accountable for forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy.
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills, with a strong lead by example philosophy.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment where no two days are the same.
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate functions.
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management.
- Experience of using CRM systems (Sales Force) extensively.
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the Italian mid-market.
- Past experience in building start up businesses or working in early phase US technology companies would be highly beneficial.
- Fluent English and Italian language skills.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you - please get in touch!
Splunk offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a fantastic culture. When you join Splunk you will be joining a family of smart people who are as passionate about our products as well as our customers success and our people.
Splunk is an equal opportunities employer; We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying