Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of “big data”—generated by every component of IT infrastructure, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more. Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications.
We are currently looking to hire an experienced Sales Director to lead the Enterprise Sales Focus team. This team is responsible for a named account list with organisations with global revenue between $10B and $30B. The accounts represent both existing customers as well as prospects.
As a strong sales leader you will have a measurable track record of building and maximizing sales territories, building and developing teams and have a strong sales management background.
If you're looking for a new challenge and this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we would love to hear from you!
- You will be managing a small team of experienced Strategic Account Managers based in the UK, responsible for growing and developing the team, working closely with the team on the whole sales cycle.
- As a Splunk Leader you will be hands on in coaching and mentoring the team, whilst being a Splunk ambassador, internally and externally.
- Consistently delivering on license, support and service revenue targets – commitment to the number and to deadlines, on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Working with internal teams to align and agree on individual quotas for the Account Managers, you will play an instrumental role in driving the success from the beginning.
- Working with the EMEA leadership and sales operations team to align on territory mapping, account planning and opportunity management.
- Negotiate favourable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and return on investment.
- Working with our partners, and our Channel Partner Managers and System Integrator Partner Managers for maximum effectiveness, resulting in mutual benefit.
- Leverage sales engineering in-house, as well as partner, services resources in order to drive through complex sales deals to successful closure.
- Using our sales methodology and processes effectively to be successful.
- Understand how to leverage both our international and domestic colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer.
Requirements and experience:
- You will have the know-how to grow and scale upwards with the company; first line management experience is key
- Experience of working in a high growth and international environment, you will understand the benefits and challenges of working in high growth mode.
- You will have a sincere passion for people and people management, being able to engage with our sales team with ease.
- Extensive direct and channel Enterprise within Software selling experience to large enterprises, in the UK market, is a must. Ideally you would have worked for a similar business to ours.
- As an individual you will be very comfortable working with, and selling to, the “C” suite. You will have a track record of closing six and seven figure software licensing deals, as well as adopting a ‘land and expand’ strategy into new business accounts.
- Strong executive presence and polish, you will be comfortable to position Splunk with our high profile customers.
- Accurate forecasting and pipelining commitments
- Exceptional people management, you will have high emotional intelligence combined with interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Understanding of CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Experience with Cloud and SaaS strongly preferred
Main office location Paddington, London with regular travel within UK & Ireland to customers.