Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Due to our expansive growth we are seeking an experienced sales leader to join our team as Regional Sales Director in Switzerland to manage a highly talented Sales Account team. Your role will have a material impact on Splunk’s overall performance, are you up for the challenge?
- Directly lead Strategic Account Managers and Global Account Managers in close collaboration with assigned ecosystem (Exec Management, Sales Engineering, Product Management, Business Value Consulting, Professional Services, Partner Management)
- Consistently achieve aggressive license, support and service revenue targets
- Commitment to meeting numbers and deadlinesLead, plan and manage sales activities in assigned sales territory to acquire new customers, grow existing customers, and ensure customer satisfaction
- Leader / Coach, hands on with the team; heavily involved in account planning, strategy and sales calls
- Work closely with reselling and alliance partners for maximum effectiveness
- Acquire and hire staff to meet our growth needs
- Effective use of our sales methodology (MEDDPICC) and processes
- Drive growth through practices to create and establish data-centric value strategies within Splunk's strategic customers to highlight and demonstrate the business impact of data at strategic, operational and organizational levels
- Collaborate with Splunk regional leaders to drive operational cadence
- Focus on advising on critical accounts and opportunities, assisting with content preparation such as sales campaigns, deal framing, pricing structure and negotiation strategies
- Develop multi-year account strategies to grow Splunk's portfolio in key client business areas
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including Sales, Solution Engineering, Customer Success, Industry Specialists, Technology and Marketing teams) to build a collaborative compelling value propositions and business cases that demonstrate Splunk's value proposition
- Design and lead innovative value messaging by providing expert information to communicate with executives at customer meetings
- Coach, train and empower local sales teams, engagement approaches and value-added tools to qualify or self-deliver to customers
- 8+ years experience building and running front line enterprise account teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company.
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large enterprises
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of closing six and seven figure software licensing deals
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Use CRM systems (SalesForce) extensively
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
- Past experience in building start up or early phase US technology companies
- Fluent in German & English, both written and spoken
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.