Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is going through a period of exciting growth and we are seeking an exceptional Sales Director to develop and grow a regional sales team. You will be responsible for building and leading a sales team focused on field accounts across the UK and Ireland. This role will play a key part in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
- Directly lead one of our field sales teams and work closely with assigned technical resources and inside sales.
- Consistently deliver against license, support and service revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines
- Negotiate profitable pricing and business terms with enterprise customers by selling value and return on investment
- Bring to bear sales engineering and in-house specialists as well as partner services resources
- Player /coach, hands on with the team; very involved with account planning, strategy and sales calls
- Hire, lead and manage the right team to match our growth expectations
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively
- Balance management of net new customer acquisition with the ability for your team to grow existing customers and yield the strategic accounts of the future
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management
A successful track record of selling software solutions and services within mid-market and strategic enterprise level organisations.
Experience has been gained from within a SaaS environment. ( eg Workday, Adobe, Salesforce, ServiceNow)
Credibility at, and proven success in selling to the c-suite.
Excellent networking ability - Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally. Able to orchestrate resources across a matrix environment.
Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to create mutually beneficial agreements with customers
Able to maintain a high level of efficiency with consistency in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
High energy, passionate with high integrity
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.