Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Splunk is looking for a high-caliber professional to lead our Global Quote to Order Team. You will be responsible for all aspects of the Quote to Order process, reporting to the Sr. Manager of Order Management. As the Quote to Order Manger you will establish standard methodologies, find opportunities to improve process efficiencies/effectiveness and provide metrics to generate data driven insight. In addition, you will be involved in key projects and deliverables of the Quote to Order Team.
You will be comfortable leading a worldwide team, building on the existing strong and successful culture, and ensuring high performance through active talent management and training. You will establish relationships and communicate easily with senior leadership across all functions to ensure good operational discipline across the business.
Become an integral part of a high energy, dynamic team with significant chances to create a positive impact on the business!
- Identify areas of improvement to increase accuracy, completeness and/or consistency and implement solutions in process, policy, and overall operations of the Quote to Order process
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of partners
- Be responsible for the simplification, design and documentation of all quote-to-order process, including user documentation for training
- Become the technical and process specialist on all business processes and systems
- Participate in, and sometimes lead, rollout of company-wide or cross-functional initiatives (e.g., new product roll outs, system improvements and implementations)
- Provide business requirements, perform UAT testing and Department signoff as required
- Provide insight and training on upcoming products and company initiatives
- Address day to day blocking issues that may arise through teams and present both short term and long-term solutions to resolve the root cause of these issues to the business
- Collaborate and work with other Splunk leaders to deliver consistent and excellent support to our sales organization
- Independently generate data sets and analyze metrics on a periodic and ad hoc basis
- Attract, develop and retain a high-performance team, and guide and coach the team through periods of constant change
- Define and track quarterly performance goals for the team, evaluate progress, adjust and report to leadership
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- BA/BS degree in Business Management or related operational field or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience with 2+ years’ experience developing and managing a team
- Salesforce CRM & CPQ experience is optimal, other CRM or CPQ system sufficient
- Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations
- Comfortable with data and ambiguity; able to both delve into the details and operational tactics, and engage relevantly on the big picture or overall strategy
- Strong team leadership and project management skills and ability to mobilize teams towards a common goal
- Ability to act with limited oversight on day-to-day basis, balancing multiple priorities
- Excellent social skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations