Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
In this role you will work closely with the Sales Operations, Best Practice, Order Management and Biz Apps teams to manage the day to day Salesforce administration and data maintenance. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who is highly organized, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high work volume.
Become an integral part of a high-energy, fast-paced team with significant opportunities to make a positive impact on the business!
- Administer end to end “Quote to Order” process, including overall governance and support.
- Proactively engage with Sales Rep to precheck system setting, booking documents and quotes for open deals before Quarter/Year end
- Troubleshoot system errors and give clear instructions to Sales Rep to fix the errors in a timely manner
- Act as a point of contact in all aspects of the Quoting-to-Booking process including questions relative to quotes, order status, deal registration, process adherence, etc.
- Work one on one with Sales to structure quotes and to certify company standards are followed accordingly
- Assist Sales with completing complex quotes including providing Ad-hoc training when needed
- Review and validate sales related agreements for completeness and accuracy in compliance with Quote to Order policies and procedures
- Work closely with Global Deals Desk, Best Practices, Sales Operations, Partner Operations and Order Management teams to ensure orders meet defined criteria for factors such as booking and revenue recognition (i.e. Proof of Sell Thru, billing)
- Work cross functionally on non-compliant orders and provide direction and clarity on steps to resolve order issues
- Communicate and collaborate on process challenges with internal teams for process efficiencies
- Document and resolve recurring CPQ issues logged by internal team
- Provide technical support for new projects, enhancements, and bug fixes related to solutions being delivered on the Salesforce CPQ platform.
- Continually look for ways to improve by producing quarterly metrics used to scale CPQ business processes
- Partner cross functionally to understand and define current workflow processes leading to the establishment of efficient training documentation.
- Reports directly to the Manager, Quote to Order.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years Salesforce.com experience required; CPQ experience preferred
- Expertise in business concepts for CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote)
- Strong knowledge and experience in Sales Operations (preferably in a software and or SaaS (Software-As-A-Service) sales organization)
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities with management support
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and timely adherence to deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing processes and follow them, as well as suggest changes where needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to compose effective and accurate correspondence cross-functionally with various internal and external parties
- Scheduling flexibility, as required, to support different time zones and during critical periods such as Month/Quarter/Year End close, etc.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to investigate common SFDC CPQ behavior and determine the root causes of system errors and fix them quickly
- Possess critical thinking – ability to justify and validate the accuracy of all booking documents
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible working schedule to support various time zones (AMER, APAC & EMEA)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the applicant is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.