Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
What you will be doing?
As a QA Automation Engineer in Finance Technology organization, you will be part of the core team responsible for design, build, execution and maintenance of the test suite by utilizing variety of tools for SAP S4/Hana, Ariba and other Integration technologies (Salesforce, Revpro and Concur). You will work with Business Systems Analysts, Engineers and vendors for business scenarios understanding to build an effective test automation suite to meet the objectives of Splunk IT's goals of building a CI/CD pipeline.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Work very closely with IT Business Analysts, QA and Engineering teams to understand the end to end business scenarios and then partner closely with them in building an automated test suite
- Design and Develop automation suites for the existing solutions and new enhancements via front end, APIs, and backend as well
- You will evaluate the requirements of during each release cycle to ensure all the critical business case scenarios are automated during the sprints and also maintain the existing automated suite with the impacted changes
- Review the manual test suites on a regular basis and groom the automated test suite to be used optimally in the release cycles
- Conduct peer reviews of automated scripts to ensure code quality and alignment to standards -- both test as well as organization security
- Execute the automated suite, Triage the failures, log defects, and report the execution metrics to the team for every release cycle
- Own the automation framework and supervise the stability rate of automated regression scripts by running complete suite at a regular interval
- Facilitate review sessions with the IT Analysts and QA Engineers including test steps, validations and data and incorporate the feedback to improve the efficiency of overall automation
- Work directly with DevOps to support integration testing in a continuous delivery pipeline
- Build proofs-of-concept (POC) for growing the test automations for technologies within the IT footprint
- Prepare and maintain the documentation of automation framework, standards, pre-requisites, and user guides
- Conduct trainings on automation development processes and new innovations being designed and built
- 6 plus years of demonstrated ability as a Test Automation Engineer or SDET
- At least 2 years in test script automation of SAP centric eco systems
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Tricentis Tosca, Provar, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, TestRail
- Prior experience in hands-on test automation of S/4 HANA Fiori, Ariba, Concur, RevPro, GUI and Web applications is strongly preferred
- Solid experience in the knowledge and automation of APIs such as the RESTful APIs
- Demonstrate good functional knowledge on SAP business processes like Order to Cash, Procure to Pay and Record to Report
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with GitLab/GitHub and Jenkins
- Strong exposure to DevOps processes and skill to adapt to different CI/CD toolsets
- Experience with test automation infrastructure maintenance in GCP environment and/or Salesforce application is a huge plus
- Experience in RPA using Automation Anywhere and/or SAP iRPA is a plus
- Highly motivated with keen attention to detail and work in dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where flexibility is imperative.
- Analytical, inquisitive, and problem-solving skills and quick learner of new automation and CI/CD tools implementation
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar work experience is preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000. You may also be
eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits. Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).