Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Are you passionate about customer success and big data? Are you an observability/monitoring professional or site reliability engineer with customer acumen and a proven technical foundation? Then come be a member of Splunk Customer Success, providing mentorship, planning and oversight while demonstrating adoption and technical best practices. The Observability Customer Success Manager (CSE) is the key partner helping our valued customers achieve their strategic objectives and maximum value from their investment in Splunk. Additionally, the Observability CSE serves as the liaison between the customer and the Splunk ecosystem, streamlining partnership with Product Management, Engineering, Professional Services, Education, and others.
Responsibilities: I Want To and Can Do That!
- Lead relationship with assigned client’s observability teams, which includes managing on-boarding, implementation, training, increasing adoption, ensuring retention, and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Establish a trusted and strategic advisor relationship to help drive continued value of our products and services
- Maintain existing customer success metrics and data as directed
- Partner with account Customer Success Managers (CSM’s) as the Splunk Observability product-area subject matter/product-specific technical customer advisor to assist customer in the design, build, and establishment of an adoption plan and continuous adoption process
- Serve as day-to-day contact for assigned accounts, building trust and rapport while identifying areas of opportunity, highlighting best practices, and documenting them
- Review the customer journey, identifying how it’s supported, taking a consultative approach in helping clients overcome issues and achieve goals
- Facilitate interaction and workflow between project team members, including third-party service providers, to ensure deliverables are on time
- Collaborate, problem solve, and/or strategize upcoming client meetings with team members
- Work with the sales, professional services, to drive customer references and develop case studies
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in related role; 3-5 years of experience using and/or deploying IT Infrastructure / APM Monitoring/Observability/Event Management tools
- Public Sector and/or Fed/Civ experience highly desirable
- Used and or deployed monitoring/observability tools with more than one company and/or customers
- Strong understanding of IT Operations/NOCs/Command Centers, Infrastructure Operations, Application Development, DevOps processes
- Well-versed in the ITIL Incident Management Process
- Experience monitoring full-stack cloud, hybrid, and traditional on-premise systems including server OS’, storage, middleware, network, container systems, mobile and application software.
- Experience monitoring metrics, logs, and traces
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Comfortable working across multiple departments in a deadline-driven environment
- Active team player, self-starter, and multitasker who can quickly adjust priorities
- Embraces Team Collaboration with customer success, pre-sales, renewals, partners, and services.
- Ability to understand customer outcomes that will drive measurable value that creates documented success. Help drive outcomes customers are looking for.
- Drives adoption and lifetime value by aligning solutions to high priority customer initiatives, adoption, value realization, and ultimately high customer satisfaction
- Strong communications, customer success/ account management experience
- Knowledge of Gainsight and/or similar Customer Success Management tools
- Experience with Digital Experience Monitoring (synthetics monitoring, real user monitoring)
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for bonus or commission and benefits, and may be eligible for equity.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $120,000 - 165,000 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), New York (excludes NYC Metro Area), and all other states.
Base Pay Range: $114,000 - 156,750 per year