Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are searching for an aggressive, experienced Distribution Director for the Public Sector team. This person will have a measurable track record of success selling and enabling IT solutions through a partner ecosystem. This individual will have a heavy bias towards understanding the GTM motion and partner engagement model around SaaS deployment, subscription licensing and born in the cloud partners. Responsibilities include Distribution Partner Development, Recruitment and Onboarding of Partners, Pipeline Generation and Marketing Campaign Management via Distribution as well as Deal execution and management.
Role: Public Sector Distribution Director (PBST-Distribution)
Location: Greater Washington DC area
We are searching for a bold, experienced individual for the Public Sector team. You will have a measurable track record for growing Splunk's business in the Carahsoft distribution channel with Public Sector partners. This includes the understanding of distributor business goals and requirements, and being involved in the presentation of Splunk product, solution, and technology propositions to distribution salespeople.
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
- Continue to build relationships and lead the interface between Splunk and Distributor
- Team with Carahsoft’s Splunk Director to advise distribution sales motions
- Define, measure and achieve Distribution important metrics and goals.
- Work with Carahsoft to build and run demand generation and marketing efforts for partners to exceed Partner Sourced pipeline and bookings goals.
- Track Distributor’s Pipeline and Forecast for net new sales and renewal revenue
- Drive channel marketing activities including but limited to co-marketing opportunities with channel partners and third party allies.
- Meet and exceed set sales quotas while adhering to Splunk’s sales and partner rules of engagement.
- Ensure Distributors exceed goals by understanding Distributor business strategies and communications to pertinent departments in Splunk
- Enable Distributor salespeople to understand and present Splunk value proposition (corporate, positioning, products, technologies, capabilities) to Distributors and VARs
- Develop a partner profile to enable distribution to Identify, recruit and onboard new resellers
- Work with Distribution Partners to ensure partners are driving towards certification requirements
- Analyzing and adjusting sales activities, and product mix as needed based on POS sales
- Satisfy internal compliance reporting requirements by submitting reports and records in accordance with company policies and practices
- Travel to distribution locations for enablement and training
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills
- Keep abreast of competition, driven issues and products
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, business reviews, product seminars and trade shows
- Prepare and present company initiatives, product overview, partner program framework, and programmatic Federal campaigns
- Deep understanding of GSA contract, SEWP, and other PBST vehicles landscape
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 7-10 years of PBST Distribution Partner Account Management in a fast-growing software company
- 5+ years channel and/or direct selling experience selling IT infrastructure solutions and services to the Public Sector marketplace
- Experience with Carahsoft
- Track record of success and knowledge with SaaS ecosystem in the Federal and SLED sales arenas
- Relevant software industry expertise in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, cyber security, business applications and/or analytics. Experience with cloud / SaaS solutions is a huge plus
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of enabling VARs to close six and seven figure deals
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, constantly evolving environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Recent and previous success exceeding revenue and bookings quotas in a distribution channel
- Success and references to prove the success from working with direct sales teams and sales leaders
Education: Got it!
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.