Splunk Project Manager
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Drive delivery of Splunk Professional Services Projects for Customers
- Coordinate PS activities with other Splunk functions including PS Corporate, PS Operations, Sales, Customer Success Managers, Support, Sustaining Engineering etc
- Responsible for the full life-cycle of Customer facing projects, including:
- Support Sales & Pre-Sales staff and partners to position the Value of PS and support creation of Proposals
- Create or validate SOWs for PS projects
- Work with PS Resource Managers to plan staffing for projects, utilizing both internal and partner resources
- Drive Splunk and Customer activities to ensure project success
- Manage the Quality of Splunk project deliverables, including reports, documentation, configurations, etc,
- Work with Splunk support to handover projects where required
- Drive project closure, including Wrap-up reviews with customers and feedback to Stakeholders
- Manage communications to all key stakeholders
- Manage Project Risks, Issues and Escalations
- Foster strong relationships to ensure that objectives and contractual obligations are met.
- Promote opportunities where Splunk products and services can meet additional customer requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Splunk products, industry best practices, and project management skills.
- Assist with preparation of processes and content to standardize and improve PS practices, including Sales Collateral, Projects templates, etc
- Support development of project management methodology
- Drive best practice for project processes and documentation
- Champion & Represent Splunk Professional services both within Splunk, and with Partners and Customers
Skills & Experience Required
- Advanced project management skills. Ability to evaluate project objectives and scope feasibility, gain customer understanding, schedule resources, and manage timeline and budget to plan.
- Experience managing complex software implementation projects
- Ability to lead, mentor, and develop team members; including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility.
- Build customer relationships that enhance communications to ensure project success and promote additional product opportunities.
- Manage multiple projects and/or teams simultaneously while maintaining customer satisfaction and financial health.
- Capacity to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Highly advanced persuasion and negotiation skills when working with internal/external customers.
- Ability to translate customer business requirements into project deliverables.
- 30% travel (overnight and possibly more)