Program Manager - Transformation Office Operations & Governance
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Program Manager with experience coordinating multiple programs and ensuring best practices are adopted. This position requires a well-rounded individual who won’t miss details while guiding multiple teams. Someone who can thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment and can distill complex problems into actionable work and help to drive projects to completion.
You will work closely with cross-functional leaders to define and deliver critical initiatives to support Splunk’s business transformation. Your work will be complex and vary in both strategic focus and process governance. If you thrive in a culture that is fast paced and forward thinking then this is the role for you! Apply today.
What You’ll Do:
- Owns portfolio status reporting, governance, and program intake for the Transformation Office
- Supports roadmap planning and defines templates to capture business value and articulate ROI
- Monitors all business transformation projects to ensure methodology and standard operating mechanisms are met
- Ability to execute project management responsibilities such as leading weekly status meetings, tracking risks and mitigation plans, working with project charter, project planning/procurement/budget, cost, tracking/scheduling, weekly status reports and financial updates.
- Support the program managers and directors to maintain project plans and program logs (risks, issues, decisions, dependencies, status reports)
- Create, maintain and improve program/project management templates and tools to ensure a cohesive approach for the team
- Enable best practices across program/project plans, logs, status reporting
- Helps identify project / program bottlenecks and proactively communicates and monitors resolution
- Support maintenance of shared calendars
- Support scheduling of program meetings and alignment with shared calendars
- Coordination of contractors and consultants for inclusion into project management cadence and governance
- Manage cross program timelines, dependencies, decisions, and constraints
- Manage project budgets – including initial estimation, tracking of actuals, and understanding variances.
- Manage tracking program key performance indicators (KPI), analyzing results, and ensuring KPIs are met
- Special projects as assigned
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Knowledge of program/project management tools and packages – Smartsheet preferred
- Good understanding of project management processes and governance (Six Sigma, Waterfall, Agile knowledge or PMP certification a plus)
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail – ability to work with a large number of trackers, update templates and ability to consolidate and simplify to drive clarity
- Ability to work cross-functionally and across geographies
- 6+ year Program/Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree/foreign equivalent in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.