Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Strategic Program Manager for the Office of the CMO you will be instrumental driving change management and strategic initiatives for the Chief Marketing Office and Leadership Team.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for the right individual to play a key role and establish himself or herself in an exciting, growing and world-class enterprise technology company. A consistent track record of success in driving cross functional, complex and in-depth program management is critical. If you like taking an existing process, designing and implementing key improvements, this is the role for you.
You will work closely with cross-functional leaders to define and deliver critical initiatives to support Splunk’s business transformation. Your work will be complex and vary in both strategic focus and process governance. Do you thrive in a culture that is dynamic and rapidly growing? Do you love helping others, while doing a job that you enjoy? If so, apply today.
- You will own multiple strategic programs including M&A integration for Marketing, status reporting, governance, and program intake
- You will support roadmap planning and define templates to capture business value and articulate return on investment
- You will monitor all strategic marketing projects to ensure methodology and standard operating mechanisms are met
- You have the ability to execute project management responsibilities such as, but not limited to, leading weekly status meetings, tracking risks and mitigation plans, working with project charter, project planning/procurement/budget, cost, tracking/scheduling, weekly status reports and financial updates
- You will craft, maintain, and improve project management templates and tools to ensure a cohesive approach for the team
- You will enable standard methodologies across project plans, logs, status reporting
- You will help identify project / program bottlenecks and actively communicate and monitor resolutions
- You will support maintenance of shared calendars
- You will support scheduling of program meetings and alignment with shared calendars
- You will be responsible for the coordination of contractors and consultants for inclusion into project management cadence and governance
- You will run cross program timelines, dependencies, decisions, and constraints
- You will lead project budgets – including initial estimation, tracking of actuals, and understanding variances.
- You will handle tracking program key performance indicators (KPI), analyzing results, and ensuring KPIs are met
- You will be assigned adhoc/special projects
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Knowledge of project management tools and packages – Smartsheet preferred
- Deep understanding of project management processes and governance (Six Sigma, Waterfall, Agile knowledge or PMP certification a plus)
- Strong analytic, planning, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail – ability to work with a large number of trackers, update templates and ability to consolidate and simplify to drive clarity
- Ability to work cross-functionally and across geographies
- Bachelor’s degree/foreign equivalent in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience.
- PMP certification or equivalent, a plus.
We value diversity at Splunk. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.