Program Manager, IT and Security
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are not only passionate about our product, but also seek to deliver exceptional experiences for our customers. At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey and family.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate program management professional with a large spectrum of experience working in larger and smaller companies in a high-tempo fast paced environment. Do you want to utilize your Agile and Scrum experience to lead programs that drive flawless collaboration for Splunkers around the world? As an IT Program Manager you will do that and more!
You will work closely with cross-functional leaders to define and deliver critical initiatives to support one or more of Splunk’s IT portfolios and the enterprise Roadmap. Your work will be complex and vary in both strategic focus and process governance. You will schedule and lead Sprint Planning/Reviews, Daily Standups and other team meetings. You'll have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with other teams including IT Operations, Business applications, Splunk Zero and partners from other business units across Splunk. If you thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and fosters creativity, then what are you waiting for? Apply today.
- Lead and run IT and Security project delivery by ensuring the integrated solution delivers on the success criteria, and addressing project issues and risks, and building commitment with delivery team and business partners
- Collaborate with tech leaders and key business partners to understand their strategic portfolio and business goals
- Craft a program and product delivery strategy that aligns with the IT product roadmap
- Drive cross-functional planning and effective execution of studies through the development and monitoring of fully integrated, cross-functional, study specific timelines and budgets
- Own the coordination of project activities and resources across the organization in a manner that improves efficiency and minimizes conflicts
- Extensive experience with corporate wide communications and training
- Collaborate effectively in business partner relationships when defining business requirements and success criteria
- Apply Project Management standard methodologies (PMBOK), processes and tools, including: scope management, schedule management, cost management, quality management, resource management, procurement, change management, risks management, issues management
- Drive Agile, iterative methodologies
- Exhibit critical thinking by seeing outcomes and direction when there are multiple business owners and solutions
- Build in mitigation plans anticipating issues and risks and actively replans with tech leaders, key business partners and delivery teams to reset expectations throughout project delivery
- Utilize consultative problem solving by using technical and business / acumen to inform the facilitation of developing objectives and approach
- Execute goal setting and alignment with business owners and senior leaders and contribute to operational alignment
- Be viewed as an authority by partners within IT and across the business and has a communication style that builds confidence and alignment with the team
- Foster a culture of collaboration, performance and accountability
- Deliver executive communication to drive the decision-making process
- 8+ years’ experience as a technical project manager with experience leading large and complex cross-functional projects
- 3+ years experience leading IT Operations/Infrastructure programs
- Tolerant of ambiguity and the flexibility to work well in a dynamic environment with evolving priorities
- Very good interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of portfolio management concepts
- Effective and creative in solving problems with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources to assist
- Effective at building relationships across organizations and with key decision makers
Nice to Have
- Experience leading or participating in agile transformation in enterprise environments
- Expertise with JIRA
- PMO or portfolio management experience in a technology setting
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Agile certification
- Consulting background
- Vendor management experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).