Join us as we pursue disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. As Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Professional Services Consultants fuel solutions to ensure enterprise security deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organization. Splunk consultants tackle organizations' most meaningful problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated, have an insatiable thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a dynamic environment. Successful Splunk consultants feel comfortable mastering new technologies from business, analytic and technology backgrounds Splunk is looking to grow the foundation of its Professional Services team with security focused consultants to deliver high value security related solutions.Responsibilities:
- You will drive complex security focused deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to pursue their problems across a variety of use cases
- Work with our customers so you will understand their security posture and requirements
- Support our security deployments by unlocking the potential of Splunk to use your expertise and assist our customers in achieving their Cyber Security strategy
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered
- Demonstrate your previous experiences, share standard methodologies and build creative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk
- You will enable customers to tackle the next wave of questions on their own
- 3-5 years of hands on experience with security monitoring tools such as IDP/IDS, FW and AV (Cisco IDS, Snort, Bro, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, McAfee, Symantec)
- You have experience in the use of network monitoring tools with a solid grasp of network protocols
- Ability to perform security analysis, development and implementation of security policies, standards and guidelines
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex security problems and how it affects a customer's business
- Experience with both the Linux operating systems; the command line interface is your second home
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Bash), databases and analytics tools is a plus
- Ability to listen and collaborate with audiences ranging from IT administrators to executive level partners to help deliver solutions
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work closely with both customers and fellow Splunkers
- You are well organized with a consistent sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet deadlines with opposing priorities
- Travel is required up to 80%, possibly more at peak times
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.