Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
The Professional Services (PS) Resource Manager is responsible for the allocation of both internal and partner consultants and project managers to ensure overall success of Splunk implementations and will have assigned Regional Leads and Engagement Managers to work with. The Resource Manager partners with stakeholders such as PS Regional Leads, Engagement Managers, Project Managers and the back office teams. You will be a trusted advisor to assign the correctly skilled resources, ensure forecasting and reporting accuracy, feed in system enhancement requests, suggest and implement process efficiencies, assist with capacity and skills planning and support the regional PS team and PS Manager/Directors.
The successful candidate will effectively manage their time across the multiple regions and elements of their role, with an ability to prioritize, resolve issues and escalate where required. They will be able to think strategically, but also be detail-oriented to ensure billing and system accuracy.
- Resource Management of small and large services implementations in a high-volume environment.
- Work with customers, Account Managers and PS Management on scheduling projects in a timely manner.
- Work with partner delivery resources on availability.
- Proactively escalate potential customer satisfaction issues, internal operational issues and PS team issues with the global Operations team and regional PS Managers.
- Make sure processes are adhered to such as having paperwork in place prior to consultants going onsite and sufficient time remaining on the project, etc.
PS Financial Reporting
- Provide daily updates to FinancialForce to feed regional revenue forecasts based on scheduling, budgets and hours.
- Manage resource utilization for region and partners in residency program. Ensure resources are meeting targets and working with PS Managers and the global scheduling team on scheduling opportunities.
- Accountable for weekly billing of projects in FinancialForce
- Manage forecast risk by tracking internal projects or Soft Bookings and reporting to team.
- Responsible for supporting quarterly QBR by providing metrics and updating slide decks for regional PS Managers, on bookings, delivered revenue, attach rate, utilization, number of projects.
- Responsible for data accuracy in the systems which feed into the regional forecasts.
- Provide quarterly backlog analysis to Regional Direction and PS Managers.
- Work with the back office and IT teams on any adjustments to timecards or invoices.
Global Operational Support
- Train and support other departments on Professional Services processes and respond to requests as needed.
- Contact for account managers, delivery managers, sales, customers and consultants to help coordinate and manage all PS engagements.
- Work closely with regional delivery partners.
- Provide leadership in analyzing, documenting and improving PS operational processes and working to standardize processes globally.
- Collaborate on operational initiatives.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, perform complex tasks, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Can handle time sensitive and pressure situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals in a diverse community.
- Experience with financial reporting and analysis including P&L and knowledge of VSOE/carve outs/revenue recognition.
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures.
- Able to make sound decisions and exercise judgment.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Comfortable working with management and well-versed in the practices and demands of progressive and evolving Services organizations.
- Can operate independently and multi-task, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience using FinancialForce or other PSA tools.
- Experience with resource coordination and scheduling.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, G-Suite products, Sales Force and advanced reporting.
- Excellent communicator and follow through.
- BA/BS Degree required
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.