Professional Services Resource Manager
The Professional Services (PS) Resource Manager is responsible for the allocation of both internal and partner consultants and project managers to ensure overall success of Splunk implementations. and will have assigned Regional Leads and Engagement Managers to work with. The Resource Manager partners with stakeholders such as PS Regional Leads, Engagement Managers, Project Managers and the back office teams as a trusted advisor to assign the correctly skilled resources, ensure forecasting and reporting accuracy, feed in system enhancement requests, suggest and implement process efficiencies, assisting with capacity and skills planning and supporting the regional PS team and PS Manager/Directors.
The successful candidate will effectively be able to manage their time across the multiple regions and elements of their role, with an ability to prioritize effectively, resolve issues and escalate where required. They will be able to think both strategically but also be detail orientated to ensure billing and system accuracy.
- Resource Management of small and large services implementations in high volume
- Working with customers, Account Managers and PS Management on scheduling projects in a timely manner.
- Working with partner delivery resources on availability
- Proactively escalate potential customer satisfaction issues, internal operational issues and PS team issues with the global Operations team and regional PS Managers.
- Making sure processes are adhered to such as having paperwork in place prior to consultants going onsite and sufficient time remaining on the project etc
PS Financial Reporting:
- Provide daily updates to FinancialForce to feed regional revenue forecasting based on scheduling, budgets and hours.
- Manage resource utilization for region and partners in residency program. Ensuring resources are meeting targets and working with PS Managers and the global scheduling team on scheduling opportunities.
- Accountable for weekly billing of projects in FinancialForce
- Managing forecast risk with tracking internal projects or Soft Bookings and reporting on it
- Responsible for supporting quarterly QBR by providing metrics and updating decks for regional PS Managers, on bookings, delivered revenue, attach rate, utilization, number of projects.
- Responsible for data accuracy in the systems which feed into the regional forecasts
- Provide quarterly backlog analysis to Regional Direction and PS Managers.
- Working with the back office and IT teams on any adjustments to timecards or invoices
Global Operational Support:
- Training and supporting other departments on Professional Services processes and responding to requests as needed.
- Contact for account managers, delivery managers, sales, customers and consultants to help o-ordinate and manage all PS engagements.
- Working closely with regional delivery partners.
- Provide leadership in analyzing, documenting and improving PS operational processes and working to standardize processes globally.
- Collaborate on operational initiatives
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, performs complex tasks, and prioritizes multiple projects.
- Ability to work to potentially time sensitive and pressure situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- Experience with financial reporting and analysis including P&L and knowledge of VSOE/carve outs/revenue recognition.
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures.
- Ability to make sound decisions and judgments.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Experience working with management and well-versed in the practices and demands of progressive and evolving Services organizations.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task, in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Knowledgeable in FinancialForce or other PSA tools.
- Experience with resource coordination and scheduling.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Sales Force and advanced reporting.
- Excellent communicator and follow through.
- BA/BS Degree required
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
Multiple language skills would be beneficial but not required