Splunk Professional Services (PS) is a growing and dynamic organization which plays a key role in the success of our customers, our employees and our company. Our PS Project Managers lead customers, partners and Splunk teams through the implementation of complex software projects using a combination of management and technical skills. They are highly organized and strong communicators with technical aptitude and a passion for driving successful customer outcomes.
- Manage technical projects from kickoff to close out as a billable project resource.
- Create and maintain technical implementation plans outlining tasks, delivery dates and allocation of resources aligned to statements of work (SOW’s).
- Plan and manage resources ensuring all projects meet customer obligations and budget expectations.
- Drive billable revenue and resource utilization to assist the team with achieving and exceeding team financial targets.
- Provide timely and accurate status updates to all customer, partner and Splunk stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Own and manage technical project escalations through to resolution, and ensure expectations are clearly set with customer and Splunk teams.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project delivery methodology aligned to PS offerings.
- Maintain and foster Splunk, partner and customer relationships.
- Identify and promote opportunities for Splunk products and services to meet additional customer requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Splunk products, industry best practices, and project management skills through continuous learning.
- 6+ years project management or service delivery management experience is required, with PMP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working for a software vendor delivering services to end user customers is required.
- Proven experience leading delivery of complex end user customer projects with cross-functional teams using traditional and agile project delivery methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Splunk or related big data technologies with the aptitude and the drive to learn new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% regionally, as required.
- Our customers are just as passionate about Splunk as we are about the solutions we bring to them.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing environment while working independently and remotely from other members of your team.